Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zen-Fire and BarChart

Hi,

I Setup NT to accept multiple connections from Zen-Fire as 1st. data provider and Barchart as 2nd data provider.

BarChart:
    - Connection Name: Barchart
    - Provider: Barchart.com
    - Backup datafeed connection: none

- User Name: XXXXXX
    - Password : ******

Zen-Fire:
    - Connection Name: Zen-Fire
    - Provider: Zen-Fire
    - Backup datafeed connection: Barchart

Historical Data: Disabled

I not recieve Data from Barchart.

When I try to connect first Barchart and second Zen-Fire I not receive data from Zen-Fire

Another problem is that while I setting Barchart and Zen-Fire to operetate as 2 separate connections, the data I receive each one is different.

I attached 2 images, each one with the data received from Barchart and Zen-Fire at the same Candlestick.

Help me please.

Federico.
    Attached Files

Hello Federico,

Thank you for your post.

1.) When using multiple connections NinjaTrader will request data from the first connection established. If data is not available from the first connection, NinjaTrader will then request that data from the second connection, and so on.

For more information about how NinjaTrader uses multiple connections, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...leConnections1

2.) Differences between prices reported from different datafeeds can be expected.
    Please see the following link for more information: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle.

I Known how NT manage the information for multiple connections, my problem is as follow: I setup Zen-Fire as shown in my first post, Zen-Fire as 1st. provider to receive Data from E-Minis and Barchart as 2nd data provider to receive data from Equities and Historical Data for E-Minis. I have open charts whith market internals, Sectors and E-minis NQ and ES (2 time frames for each one E-Mini). When connect NinjaTrader with Zen-Fire only charts with E-Minis are refreshed (the market is closed and sectors and market internals does not updated).

Now, I've changed the order of the connections, that mean, Barchart 1st and Zen-Fire 2nd. I have done this correctly and just try to connect with Barchart, and got the following result:

All E-Mini charts have been updated.

Now, I change the instrument in a chart by selecting FDAX (this is not on my list of E-Mini contracted with Barchart, but it is provided by Zen-Fire), the chart is updated but the price does not move, then, now is not receiving data from Zen-Fire.

What is happening?

Point 2 is understood.

Thanks again.

Comment

My problem is solved.

Kyle,

I thought to connect simultaneously to 2 suppliers had to be done by setting the second supplier in the backup connection. Recently I've realized how to do it properly. My problem is solved.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes