Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor Licensing Question

Hello,
    I have some old clients that had licensed indicators. I would like to remove them from the list of licensed users under the "Licenses" tab "Show" button. I see the quote below from "NinjaTrader Vendor License Management Help Guide" but I thought I was told not to delete any of the old expired license users for some reason.
    So I just want to make sure its ok to delete (clean up) any old expired client user licenses by hitting the "Remove" button before I do it and it wont cause any problems.

Thanks.

"You can display all licenses by pressing the “Show” button. You can delete a
    license by selecting one and pressing the “Remove” button. You can edit a
    license by highlighting one in the grid, changing it’s properties and pressing the
    “Update” button."

dwalls,

We recommend you to not remove them and leave them as expired. If they still have a stored cache state of having a valid license to your script and you removed the license, then they would still have access to your indicator.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,
      If you have two people with the same Machine ID's and one is license is expired and the other is still active, how do you handle that?
      Or can this be done?
      If both have the same Machine ID...do they both have to be active for just the one to work?
      We dont want to activate and expired license just so the other one can continue to work.

What is the best way to handle this.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
        But I believe it is up to the vendor.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

dwalls,

In NT6.5, unfortunately this can be the case and the only way to get the duplicate machine ID'd computer to work is to activate that machine ID's license. This would mean both machines have access to it. In NT7, you will have the ability to provide unique user defined IDs that can be added onto the machine ID to make it unique. This will then be a 100% solution for vendor licensing.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            dwalls,

In NT6.5, unfortunately this can be the case and the only way to get the duplicate machine ID'd computer to work is to activate that machine ID's license. This would mean both machines have access to it. In NT7, you will have the ability to provide unique user defined IDs that can be added onto the machine ID to make it unique. This will then be a 100% solution for vendor licensing.
            Josh,

" In NT7, you will have the ability to provide unique user defined IDs that can be added onto the machine ID to make it unique."

I asm having trouble with Virtual Machines assigning the same NinjaTrader Machine ID to different computers in the same VPS host. How do you add this unique ID to distinguish them in NT7, and how do you deal with the issue in NT 6.5?

Comment

1. You cannot deal with this in NT6.5. This is a new feature introduced in NT7.
              2. Go to Help>3rd party licensing, put in the Vendor Name, put in a unique ID that would become a suffix to your machineID. It is up to the vendor to ensure suffixes or unique IDs chosen are truly unique on their end. Otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of this.

Comment

Someone help me on putting a vendor license code on a program placed on the Data Namespace? In indicator and strategy Namespace it has a initialize section of the code wherein we could set the vendor license code. But how about the program which is for Data Namespace where to place the vendor license code there is no initialize() section of code on it?

Comment

edward_bell, unfortunately the vendor license call would only be supported for scripts offering an Initialize() method - for other types such as bars types we could officially not offer it. It's on our feedback list in product management though for consideration in our next major release of the platform, I've counted your request in as well.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes