Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Interactivebrokers bid/ask problems / order fill issues (paper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactivebrokers bid/ask problems / order fill issues (paper)

i'm in the paper trading phase and have NT invoking market orders in liquid equities (like AAPL) and have a two fold problem.

1) lets say i have a 2000 share order with stop loss and profittaking limits. often it may hit the limit, but not every single contigent order will fill, and perhaps 100-300 shares will remain. BUT ... all of the contigent stop/profit taking orders disappear !! so i am left to manually deal with them.

Remember when i enter a 2000 share market order, i may have 5 or 6 sets of slightly different stop losses and profit target OCO groups. they are seperate depending on the fulfillment prices of the market orders. I wonder if all these orders getting hit at once (like 20 at a time) are whats causing TWS to lock the bid/ask...

2) when this happens, often the bid, ask or both on the stock locks up. right now i have the bid/ask on TWS locked, but price isn't it seems after that happens, the system won't re enter. i'm forced to restart IB, and relogin and reenter/restart my systems in NT to make it work.

3) should I anticipate these bid/ask issues are papertrader issues for TWS only? or do they happen across both? My live TWS trader rarely locks my bid/ask or price.

Solutions?

am running 871.3 TWS.
    Last edited by scriabinop23; 05-16-2007, 10:35 AM.

For clarification, are you logging into an IB papertrader or demo account? If yes, any problems experienced are likely related to these accounts. We do not support paper trading account for sure due to inconsistent behaviour.

I suggest logging into a live account and using the NT Sim101 account for strategy testing.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      For clarification, are you logging into an IB papertrader or demo account? If yes, any problems experienced are likely related to these accounts. We do not support paper trading account for sure due to inconsistent behaviour.

I suggest logging into a live account and using the NT Sim101 account for strategy testing.

its the paper trader account, seperate from my real account.
      so these problems are common with that account versus the real acct?

just a little concerned that these orders are overwhelming it, and curious how that compares to the real acct.

Comment

That is correct.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
        2 responses
        1 like
        Last Post BarzTrading  
        Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM