partial movement of target exit..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

partial movement of target exit..

If I have entered an order for 10 contracts at 1000, and I have a stop loss at 995 and a profit target of 1010, but then decide I want to move the target for 5 contracts to 1005.... I know how I can move all 10 contracts by clicking in the center column and moving the profit target, but how do I click and move just 5 contracts of the profit target down to 1005? Thanks..

You cannot change the parameters of an ATM strategy once it has been activated and is operational. The easiest way to accomplish this would be to place a sell limit for 5 contracts at 1005 and let the ATM strategy play out the remainder of your active contracts.

Comment

Alright... what about if I have two separate orders I entered (entry 1 at 1000, and entry 2 at 1003), and the profit target exits were at separate spots (1010 and 1013), but then I moved them both to the price (1005), but now want to move just one of the exits of this price to another spot (1007), is that possible? or once they get combined on a single price I can no longer separate them? Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by sev888 View Post
        Alright... what about if I have two separate orders I entered (entry 1 at 1000, and entry 2 at 1003), and the profit target exits were at separate spots (1010 and 1013), but then I moved them both to the price (1005), but now want to move just one of the exits of this price to another spot (1007), is that possible? or once they get combined on a single price I can no longer separate them? Thanks..
        Correct, once combined you cannot 'break up' the profit target contract size (at least I can't). There are two workarounds for this. One is to treat it as in the first scenario and bring the PT green bar to 1007 and use a limit to exit the desired contracts at the lower PT price, or, use two seperate DOM's with individual trade size ATM's.

Comment

Well as a future recommendation, it would be nice to be able to move individual orders, I think you have the choice to delete just one of them, why not just adjust/ offset one order as well..

Comment

Hello sev888,

I will forward your suggestion to be able to separate combined profit target/stop loss orders to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            5 responses