Market Analyzer improvements in NT7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer improvements in NT7?

First I had som problems with using the MA as a market screener and then I found this thread http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9630&highlight=market+analyzer+st uck and got a bit disappointed since one of my main reasons for using NT was to be able to screen multiple stocks on multiple markets, but then I saw the following about NT7 "Performance Enhancements
    - Optimized the historical data loading routines resulting in a significant performance increase"

Should I enterpret that as it will be possible to screen multiple stocks "simultaneously" in NT7? If yes, you should charge something for NT7. I don't understand why it's free.

Hello,

I'll have someone reply on Monday.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Which connection are you using for your data Precisely?

The thread you mention was in relation to the MA and the IQFeed connection - both areas were overhauled for NT7 and thus we expect considerable performance increases.

IQFeed Adapter
      - Updated to the latest API
      - Optimized processing of news and historical data series requests
      - Fixed issue where daily events were not processed correctly if NinjaTrader was left connected to IQFeed overnight
      - Fixed issue where loss of connection during a pending historical data series would cause NinjaTrader to hang
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. The problem I have with Yahoo (I thinks it an NT problem though) is that when I load many instruments into the Market Analyzer. It gets the close prices on all stocks very quickly, no problem. But it gets stuck on indicators (it says loading only). My impression is that NT tries to send all requests simultaniously instead of queuing them. If I load them one by one there is no problem, but that is well kind of 1800's...

Comment

Precisely,

It does not load them simultaneously, it loads each instrument one after the other. You should see a popup that tells you exactly which instrument it is currently loading. I just tried on my end for SMA on Yahoo in the MA on the DOW30. All of them loaded in a quick fashion.
          Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            Precisely,

It does not load them simultaneously, it loads each instrument one after the other. You should see a popup that tells you exactly which instrument it is currently loading. I just tried on my end for SMA on Yahoo in the MA on the DOW30. All of them loaded in a quick fashion.

I'm happy to hear that because then there is a solution. I tried SMA and DOW30 and at first it just said "loading data", but after a couple of minutes it got started and after that each instrument loaded fine. I then tried it with my own indicators with positive results. all you need is a little initial patience. Thank you for yours...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielSanMartin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DJ888