• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Capture Which Chart The Trade Was Executed From

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capture Which Chart The Trade Was Executed From

Is there a way to capture which chart (primarily the chart time frame or volume, etc.) a trade was executed from? For example, if I enter a trade from the 2 minute chart-I would want that recorded so I could later analyze results by chart time frame (I am using time frame as the example-but it could be volume, range, ticks, etc.)
    Jim-Boulder
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Hello Jim-Boulder,

Thank you for your post.

You may plot the execution on your chart by right mouse clicking within your chart-->Properties-->Plot executions-->set to "TextAndMarker" or "MarkersOnly"-->Click OK.

These markers will be visible on all time frame charts when changing intervals.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the response---what I am seeking is away to review the trades (like in the account performance grid)--and have the chart time frame that I traded that trade from---in tabular data mode so I can export to excel...

I hope this clarifies what I am looking for...I am assuming this woiuld have to be done programmically--so really what I should ask is whether NT 'knows' which chart I was on when I executed a chart using chart trading...is that info available in an object or property?
      Jim-Boulder
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Elephant Tracks

Comment

Hello Jim-Boulder,

Unfortunately this is not supported at this time within NinjaTrader. I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FWIW, I use Print stmts to an output window to track certain events and always put a header at the beginning for when I have multiple charts open.

Code:
          header = "[" + (Bars.Period.Value).ToString() +    " " + Bars.Period.Id.ToString() + "] ";
          If you use an Alert, instrument & time are added for you. Otherwise, you can add time
          Code:
          header + Time[0].ToString("MM/dd HH:mm:ss")
          and probably instrument tho I've never bothered.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by manueldecastro, Yesterday, 12:57 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
          Started by ArmKnuckle, Today, 01:59 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH