Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

entering order via superdome w/o license...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

entering order via superdome w/o license...

I know I can manually enter orders without the license.

I have the following questions:

1. Lets say I click "Market" on BUY side for going long on ES. I would then need to left click on SELL side up two ticks if I am going to two ticks profit.
    How would I go about entering a "Stop" order 4 ticks below my entry?

2. When would you use a "Stop Limit Buy Order"? Is that for when you want to make a buy order at a price above the current price? EX: You only want your BUY order for 1025.50 to be placed when the current price of 1025.00 hits your price of 1025.50. Is that what clicking with the scroll button on the BUY side does?

I will be getting the license soon, but am getting confused when I try to manually enter in stops via sim. The videos do not go over this specific question...they assume that you are using the license to enter in orders.

Thanks in advance,
    JP

Hi JP, please see this post from Jessica how to protect your 'naked' position if trading without ATM's - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=6197

You would use a Stop Limit order to 'park' at limit order entry (with potential offset).
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You would use a Stop Limit order to 'park' at limit order entry (with potential offset).

Thank you for the link, however I do not understand your answer to my number 2 question.

Basically what I want to do is the following. Click on the DOM in the buy side ABOVE THE CURRENT MARKET PRICE...but not have my contracts purchased until the price moves up to hit my "pre-selected" price.

I know I can put in a LONG position under the current price as in waiting for a "pullback". But what I am wanting to do is get my price filled only if a run occurs or if a ceiling is broken but not for any other reason. Hence why I want to be able to enter in a buy order for a higher price. If the price never moves up to my price then I cancel and wait for my next possible entry. Is that where the Middle Click on the mouse for a Stop Limit Buy order is for?

I really like NT but my biggest complaint is no phone service. I would gladly pay per minute to get my answers. But to have to re-post to get someone to answer my specific question in a way I understand is rather bothersome. I am about to purchase the license, but am holding off until I get my questions answered and feel confident that I can get my future questions answered. ( no offense to you just a common complaint I have. )

Thanks in advance,
      JP

Comment

Hi JP, thanks for the reply - your understanding is correct, for this scenario you want to work with StopLimit orders to prepare your entry, best would be to just connect to our Simulated Data feed option, open a DOM window and then 'play' with the order types offered to test this them all out in the simulated environment, you can also use the TrendSlider we offer to speed things up and 'control' how your market moves and fills you orders then -

We certainly have outbound technical phone support and oftentimes 'jump' on client's PC's to assist via remote assistance, but you're right there's no inbound support number you can call, as our (very sucessfull) support model works by first sending in an inquiry via email or this support forum to us. If we can't resolve the issue in a few emails, we gladly give you a call to further assist.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes