Position in Strategy Tab andStrategy graph not matching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position in Strategy Tab andStrategy graph not matching

My strategy has a session start time 12 am and a session end time 12 am i.e the 24 hour clock. In the inputs of the strategy ( when I load it on the chart) I say exit on close 30 seconds prior to session end time. In real time the exit is showing on the chart of that strategy but the strategy does not show flat in the strategy tab and continues to show the position. It only gets cleared once I restart the machine.

kassaindia, are you sure you're correctly synched up (strategy vs account position) as this occurs?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Synched means ? Actually I load the strategy in the chart only and it automatically appears in the strategy tab in green colour. The strategy gets squared up in the chart but in the tab it keeps showing the open position till I restart ninja.
      Last edited by kassaindia; 10-22-2009, 06:14 AM. Reason: more detailing

Comment

Ok, when you start up live and see the position in the strategies tab, does your live or sim account you execute to show the same position and quantity as well? Then you would be synched up as explained here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html

Comment

I execute the orders manually, that is not the issue. Problem is that when when the strategy gets flat in the chart at session end time why does not it show flat in the the strategy tab. Eg if I buy it shows a 1L in the tab and a buy in the chart. At session end since I have fed in the put that exit on close it shows sell in the chart but in the strategy tab it still keeps showing 1L. So the discord is between the chart and the tab.

Comment

Ok, but the strategy is using then the Sim101 account to execute orders, correct? Then the synching considerations would still apply.

Comment

Yes, strategy uses Sim01, but why would the chart and tab be different, they are both Sim ?

Comment

kassaindia,

What do you mean by you submit the orders manually? Manual orders do not close a strategy's strategy position. Suggest you use TraceOrders = true in the strategy along with some Print()s to track your strategy position and its orders to see what it is doing.
                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mannual feeding means that strategy on the chart y are loaded in Sim account and when an order comes in sim01, I execute in superdom using my live trading account code. But the problem is that chart and tab both should match. Question is not of tab and superdom or chart and superdom matching but tab and chart matching

Comment

Are you saying your strategy never places strategy trades and everything you do is manual? When you are running a strategy on a chart it will suppress showing anything, but strategy relative executions.
                    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, Strategy never places the order, it shows that order has come and i execute it mannually. But the point I wish to make is that the the strategy tab and startegy window should show the same position, which they are not showing

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                      Are you saying your strategy never places strategy trades and everything you do is manual? When you are running a strategy on a chart it will suppress showing anything, but strategy relative executions.

Comment

Sorry I don't follow your last post, what would be the strategy window? Your strategy applied to the chart? Please keep in mind you're using different accounts here for execution, so depending on which one you selected to visualize orders / positions may not show up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Christopher Leggit, 02-15-2024, 09:00 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rdtdale
                        by rdtdale

Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                        0 responses