2 auto breakeven orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 auto breakeven orders

NT support: I cannot figure out how to do this and I've looked through the training videos and cannot find. I place an order to buy 2 ES contracts @ 1000. In my ATM strategy parameters, I have a 8 tick stop loss and a 16 tick profit target, so my stop sell would be at 998 and profit target at 1004. My question is this: In the stop strategy box for "auto breakeven", I have a profit trigger set for 4 and the plus box set for -4. Once the price of the ES goes to 1001 my stop loss becomes 999. Where do I set the next strategy if when the ES goes up 4 more ticks or 8 ticks in total (1002)the stop loss goes to plus 1 tick or 1000.25 ?? Then at this point my strategy would be over and I would manually take over from there. Please help. Thank you !!

Hello tallpaw,

Thank you for your post.

To move the stop loss once more after using the Auto-Breakeven feature you will use the parameters underneath in the Custom Stop Strategy field for an Auto-Trail. The parameters will be as follows.

Profit Trigger-8-Number of ticks to achieve before moving
    Frequency-99-Number of ticks to achieve before moving again, which since you only want to move once we set high
    Stop Loss-7-Number of ticks behind the profit trigger that the stop loss is moved to.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ryan: thank you for your response. It works great ! But now I have another question. Same scenario ... How do I set the following strategy? I buy 4 ES contracts @ price level 1000. Initially, I want the stop loss to be 998 and the profit target to be 1004. After the trade moves up to 1001 (I hope), I want to take 2 ES contracts off for a profit of 1 point. The remaining 2 contracts, I want the stop loss to move up to 999.25. When the trade moves up to 1002, then I want the stop loss to move up to 1000.25 ( in essence locking up 1/4 point profit on the remaining 2 contracts.). Then after the trade moves to 1002 and locks in .25 point profit, I will take control of moving the stop manually. Hope this makes sense. Thank you any NT administrator for your response and have a great holiday season !!!
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello tallpaw,

Thank you for your post.

To move the stop loss once more after using the Auto-Breakeven feature you will use the parameters underneath in the Custom Stop Strategy field for an Auto-Trail. The parameters will be as follows.

Profit Trigger-8-Number of ticks to achieve before moving
      Frequency-99-Number of ticks to achieve before moving again, which since you only want to move once we set high
      Stop Loss-7-Number of ticks behind the profit trigger that the stop loss is moved to.

Comment

Hi Tallpaw,

Glad to hear the strategy is working, and the following parameters should do what you described.

For the 4 contracts choose the instrument and then specify the order quantity as 4.

In the ATM strategy parameters select 2 targets.

For the first target:

order quantity will be 2
        stop loss will be 8 ticks
        profit target will be 4 ticks
        Stop Strategy set to none

For the second target:

order quantity will be 2
        stop loss will be 8 ticks
        profit target will be 16 ticks
        Stop Strategy will be set to Custom

For the Second Target Stop Strategy:

Auto Trail is set for two targets.
        First Target:

Profit Trigger is 4 ticks
        Stop Loss is 7 ticks
        Offset is 99

Second Target
        Profit Trigger is 8 ticks
        Stop Loss is 7 ticks
        Offset is 99

Then from there you can manually manipulate your stops. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes