account performance malfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

account performance malfunction

I have discovered that my account performance records are corrupt. Some trades are duplicated and at least one other has an incorrect exit time and value (it was a scalp that exited 2 days later!), some trades are simply not recorded and there are also chart markers where I know I have not entered a trade(these do not appear in account perf). The consequences of this are clear..I cannot rely on NT records for system testing until this is resolved.

I look forward to any advice asap.

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please provide me with your log and trace files by please sending an email to support by going to Help-->Mail to Support and please make sure that log and trace files is checked. In body of the email please reference this forum thread and put ATTN RyanO.

Also, can you please check to see if the Group trades by ATM Strategy makes a difference when running your reports.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
      Unable to do that as my NT email will not transfer files as you describe..have tried that before and been told by NT that some just dont work and you dont know why. What is plan B?

Comment

Yes, selecting group trades by strategy does make a difference..it removes the obvious large error, but retains some trade duplication.

For the record I have V6.5 and I have repaired the database
        Last edited by lindsayf; 10-24-2009, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Hello,

I have received your log and trace files and will review them regarding the duplicate order.

Comment

I have downloaded the new version...It does not change the results. Why is it that selecting 'group trades by strategy' makes any difference or does this simply alert you to where the error is?

Comment

Hello,

The Group Trades by ATM strategy will make a difference because it shows trades that were part of the same ATM strategy as one trade, which is why when grouping it your duplicate trades were no longer displayed, since they were part of the same ATM strategy.

I have received your emailed screenshots, and once I review them I will get back to you.

Comment

I recieved your email and note that you cannot see any problem on the log file with the duplicate trades and therefore suggest that 3 trades were in fact entered at that time.

well there is clearly a malfunction somewhere as I do not use a 3 contract atm..it is a single contract atm. What do you advise? And how do you explain the chart markers that do not have corresponding a/c performance records? I am guessing your diagnostics are not sufficient to identify the causes of these things. I will be watching this like a hawk from now on, especailly on my live account.

Also you have not explained the 6A $750 error to me yet...was this a phantom trade that was entered without an atm? Even if I accidentally entered a trade without my atm and then forgot about it..NT would prompt me when closing down that an order or trade was open?

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post techgetgame  
                Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes