paper Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paper Trading

HI guys, I am new here this is my first post.

I want to paper trade S&P 500 e minis for a while to learn the trade, but am not sure where I can get true historical data from, can anyone help point me to a resource?

Thanks.

You can get a demo account from Amp Futures, Mirus Futures or Zen-Fire and use the NT simulator in real-time. And/or you can record the real-time data and replay it at night for practice. You'll have access to historical data for a longer period of time, that can be used for backtesting ideas. But you have to realize it's not the same using historical data as real-time.

VT

Comment

Thanks VTtrader

I just got the demo account from Mirus, however it won't connect and I have checked the details. Do I have to have a licence with NT first? I realise that paper trading is never as good as the real thing, but I certainly need time to learn the volatility of the E Minis market and to practise various strategies etc. Is there another or better way of doing this, other than having to deposit a block of dollars into an account to get a data feed, before I am ready to live trade?

D

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post CactusMan  
      Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes