Error message during startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message during startup

Reinstalled Ninja after computer meltdown. During Ninja startup I'm getting an error message - "Unable to restore workspaces: Invalid URI: The Hostname could not be parsed." After I hit ok it starts up fine. I'm able to add my IQfeed connection but when I try to open a new chart it says there's a problem and needs to shut down. I tried to uninstall and reninstall but I'm having the same issues. thx

Hello thehaul,

Thank you for your post.

Please continue to work on the email thread we have going.
    In the future, please refrain from sending a note to support and posting the same question on the forum. This will allow us to keep your case history intact and ensure that only one support team member is addressing your inquiry.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No problem. I didn't know what would be faster. Thanks for the fast support!

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello thehaul,

Thank you for your post.

Please continue to work on the email thread we have going.
      In the future, please refrain from sending a note to support and posting the same question on the forum. This will allow us to keep your case history intact and ensure that only one support team member is addressing your inquiry.

Comment

Just to make this thread some what usable. Here's Kyle's reply.

Lines in the trace file you provided indicate a corruption in the NinjaTrader database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
        From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
        Select the "Misc" tab
        Press the "Repair DB" button
        Press the "OK" button

Originally posted by thehaul View Post
        Reinstalled Ninja after computer meltdown. During Ninja startup I'm getting an error message - "Unable to restore workspaces: Invalid URI: The Hostname could not be parsed." After I hit ok it starts up fine. I'm able to add my IQfeed connection but when I try to open a new chart it says there's a problem and needs to shut down. I tried to uninstall and reninstall but I'm having the same issues. thx

Comment

Well, it didn't fix it all together. I'm still getting the same errors. Kyle says these issues can happen with Macs running VMware. I haven't had any problem until I had to reinstall the os.

Originally posted by thehaul View Post
          Just to make this thread some what usable. Here's Kyle's reply.

Lines in the trace file you provided indicate a corruption in the NinjaTrader database.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
          From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
          Select the "Misc" tab
          Press the "Repair DB" button
          Press the "OK" button

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Rogers101  
          Started by nightstalker, 05-04-2024, 02:05 PM