Microsoft NET framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft NET framework

I just noticed when i reinstalled everything after a format that Windows XP updated MS net framework.

At the first MS net FW 1.1 was already installed than i installed the 2.0 and now Windows updated to 3.0 all that without uninstalling 1.0 and 2.0.

Is it possible all those versions enter in conflict? Should i uninstall 1.0 and 2.0?

Thanks

frankduc, NET 2.0 is the minimum NinjaTrader would need, but it's encompassed in the higher version 3.0 / 3.5 as well, so you should be good. Just regularly check for updates to it using the Windows Update feature.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

additionnal trouble

I'm still having that troule i had a few days ago when i posted about a message coming from TWS IB.

The message was: Are you sure you want to submit all orders.

It appear when i open a configuration window and the message re-popup automatically everytime i say no or yes. It forbiden me from making changes in the configuration window.

The problem start only when NT is connected, if NT is startedup but not connected the problem dont appear.

Have you heard from other IB users that problem?

If you want a log just tell me how to get it and i will post it.

thank you

Comment

Thanks for the reply, first of all please ensure to work with NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.14 and TWS 898 as per our connection guide for IB - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

Also, please ensure the pop up handling option is checked in your IB account connection setup in NinjaTrader.

Comment

6.5 and 898 pop handling check!

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Are you running the latest 6.5.1000.14 release of NT? You can check under Help > About.

Did you enquire with IB support on the exact message as suggested by Jason in your older thread on this?

Comment

yes i just reinstalled everything on my pc i run 898 and 6.5.

As for IB since the issue appear when NT is online they consider that a NT related problem.
              Anyway they dont even bother, only answer they come up with, is reinstall everything, which has been done.

Is there a way not to use or disable completly the trading part of the software in NT and just use it as a chart maker?

Cause it seems related to a kind of wrong signal sent by NT to TWS. Like if there was an order standing, waiting to be sent and it ask: are you sure you want to send all submited orders.

Frankly i dont know. I'm just afraid it affect the trading and send unwanted trades. For now its not the case and if i dont open the configuration window it wont happen.

Maybe ill just do that.

Comment

Are you using a live or simulation license in NinjaTrader?

If you're on the simulation one it would not have the ability to send out trades to your live IB account...if you're on a live license just ensure File > Global Simulation Mode is checked.

Do you see any orders listed in the Orders tab when you're connected to IB?

Comment

In file Global simulation mode is checked.

There is no orders listed in ib tab.

Excuse me whats the difference between live and simulation license?

Do you mean with live license you can send trades? Do you have to buy the NT licence and pay to do that?

In any case i dont think NT is sending orders to TWS. I just think something in NT force TWS to display that perticular message when configuration panel is opened.

Comment

Correct, to trade your live IB account you would need to work with a live license key from us - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...g_platform.htm

To simulate trades on our internal Sim101 account on IB realtime data the simulation license will do.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post GLFX005
                    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM