Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emini Gold and Silver

Hi,

I'm having problems viewing a EMini charts of Gold (8Q 12-09, XGN 12-09) and Silver (6Q 12-09, XSN 12-09), NT tells me these contracts don't exist. Does NT have a different symbol for these instruments?

I'm using IB as a live feed and can see their charts...

Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Rye

Hello ryebank,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
      Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I've tried what you suggested and still can't get it to work.

Please see attached
      Attached Files

Comment

ryebank, did you already try the YG and YI contracts?

For the custom ones you tried setting up, which expiries did you test? For example I get data for 8Q 10-09 or 12-09 in NT with a IB demo account in testing.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

I don't have permission to view YG and YI

I have noticed that it loads 8Q now but the data seems different. In IB i can chart the mid price but in NT it displays trades. Is there anyway to change NT so it charts the midpoint?

Rye

Comment

ryebank, I see, unfortunately 'midprice' is not supported - NinjaTrader would use the 'last'.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok

But why does it work for every other instrument.

IB offers 'midpoint' and 'trades' charts on a number of instruments like YM and ES and they chart correctly in NT

Comment

Is it still the case that NT does not support "midprice" data? For reference I am using the term "midprice" to mean:

(bid + ask) / 2

I know this is an old thread, but I haven't been able to find a more recent thread on this subject on the forum.

If it is still the case that midprice is not supported, then is it possible to create a workaround? For example, I notice that I am able to extract a feed of bid prices, and a feed of ask prices. So is there some way to use both feeds to artificially "create" a midprice feed using NinjaScript?

Thanks
                Graham

Comment

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums. There is not a built in midprice functionality but you can work in NinjaScript to access bid ask data programatically. For level I data you would work in OnMarketData() handler.
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DanielTynera  
                  Started by yertle, 04-18-2024, 08:38 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes