NT won't run on my PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT won't run on my PC!

I have downloaded NT and successfully installed it on my PC but it won't run!
    When I click the NT icon on my desktop it says "NinjaTrader has stopped working". I am running Vista 32 bit with all the latest updates including .NET 3.5 SP1.
    I have spoken with NT Technical Support and they have been unable to solve the problem. They think its a Windows problem not an NT problem.
    I have un-installed it and re-installed it at least 10 times, tried turning off my anti-virus, and my firewall, removed all traces of previous installations, un-installed .NET and re-installed it and tried downloading it with a different browser (Firefox). I've also run McAfee anti-spyware and anti-virus. All my other software runs just fine. The only program I'm having a problem with is NinjaTrader.
    Has anyone got any suggestions what the problem could be and how to fix it?
    Many thanks.

my ninja also didn't open last week. After many tries I followed this instruction, uninstall ninja, uninstall ALL .NET then install .NET 2.0 then install ninja then I was able to open ninja. Then I did a restore from one of my backup.

Comment

Hello britfish,

Can you please check if your PC meets the requirements listed at the link below.

Were you ever able to run NinjaTrader successful on that PC?

Do you perhaps have another PC you can test NinjaTrader?
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Did what you suggested (have tried it before as well) but NT still will not launch.

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
        my ninja also didn't open last week. After many tries I followed this instruction, uninstall ninja, uninstall ALL .NET then install .NET 2.0 then install ninja then I was able to open ninja. Then I did a restore from one of my backup.

Comment

Hi britfish,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you respond to the questions that NinjaTrader_Jason asked in his last post?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello britfish,

Can you please check if your PC meets the requirements listed at the link below.

KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have NT running OK on my main PC and I'm trying to install it on a second PC as a backup.
            The second PC is running Vista 32 bit and has all the Windows updates including .NET 3.5 SP1, 2GB RAM, 1680 x 1050 screen resolution and an AMD dual core 4400 processor. This is the first time I've tried installing NT on this PC. It says the installationj is successfull but when I try to launch it I get a "NinjaTrader has stopped working" message. There is no error message or logs as I haven't been able to launch NT yet! I've tried bownloading it with a Firefox, disabling my anti virus and firewall, uninstalling .NET and re-installing but nothing solves the problem.

Hello britfish,

Comment

Just responded to Jason's questions

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hi britfish,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you respond to the questions that NinjaTrader_Jason asked in his last post?

Comment

Hello britfish,

Am I correct, there are no files listed at all in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log and trace folders?

Does it make a difference if you select a different resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher?

In addition, please clear your browser cache and try the installation once more and check if this will allow NinjaTrader to start successful.

Comment

I have all the NT folders and files in "Documents" not "My Documents" (is this significant?) and in the NT db folder I only have 3 sub folders "data", "export" and "import" I do not have the NinjaTrader.mdb file. The "log" and "trace" folders are there but they are empty.
                  I changed the resolution to 1024 x 768 but it didn't make any difference. I also cleared the browser cache everytime before re-installing NT. I tried it again but NT still will not launch!

Hello britfish,

Am I correct, there are no files listed at all in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->log and trace folders?

Does it make a difference if you select a different resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher?

In addition, please clear your browser cache and try the installation once more and check if this will allow NinjaTrader to start successful.

Comment

Hello britfish,

These files can be listed in the 'Documents' folder as well; this is fine.

Unfortunately without these files it will be difficult to troubelshoot the issue.

Does it make a difference if you start the software via the Windows Start menu or via C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->NinjaTrader.exe?

Do you experience any other issues on that PC?

Perhaps you can consider a uninstall/re-install of the operating systems and check if this will allow you to start the software.

Comment

I have tried starting it directly from the .exe file but it makes no difference.
                      I have no other issues with the PC at all. I've downloaded other programs such as Firefox and Open Office to make sure they install and run OK and they do. I've run anti virus, anti spyware and registry cleaners. I've also compared the Windows settings with those on my main PC and everything is the same.
                      FYI, about a week before trying to install NT I installed a new larger hard drive and cloned my old drive to the new one using Acronis True Image. I don't see how this can be a problem as everything else is working 100% but thought I'd mention it. I cloned it to avoid having to re-install the operating system which is something I don't want to do as NT is the only program that I'm having a problem with. If the problem can't be solved I might consider upgrading to Windows 7 and trying again. Your thoughts?

Hello britfish,

These files can be listed in the 'Documents' folder as well; this is fine.

Unfortunately without these files it will be difficult to troubelshoot the issue.

Does it make a difference if you start the software via the Windows Start menu or via C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->bin-->NinjaTrader.exe?

Do you experience any other issues on that PC?

Perhaps you can consider a uninstall/re-install of the operating systems and check if this will allow you to start the software.

Comment

Hello britfish,

Note that Windows 7 is not officially supported yet as per the forum thread below.

I am not sure if the cloning is related.

Unfortunately I am out of options to try. The software itself works, so it must be related to that PC. Unfortunately I do not know what would be the cause.

Comment

I agree it has to be something related to the second PC as NT works great on my main PC.
                          I don't like to be beaten so I'll continue to work on it and let you know if I find anything.
                          I appreciate all your help. Many thanks.

Hello britfish,

Note that Windows 7 is not officially supported yet as per the forum thread below.

I am not sure if the cloning is related.

Unfortunately I am out of options to try. The software itself works, so it must be related to that PC. Unfortunately I do not know what would be the cause.

Comment

Hello britfish,

Sounds good, let me know if you find anything.

Comment

Problem Solved!

I did an "in place" upgrade to the Vista OS and NT is now working OK. There must have been some corrupted OS files.

Hello britfish,

Sounds good, let me know if you find anything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post XXtrader  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi