ATM error msg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM error msg

I've just inceased a 2 lot ATM to 3 lot and am getting the following error messsage when trying to place an order via Chart Trader (to TWS) :

"The size specified violates the size constraint specified in the default order settings (383). Affected order Buy 90000 StopLimit 1.6457 x 1.6459"

I thought it might be my StopLimit offset amount (4), but its the same in both ATMs. The trade sizes are around the IB minimums, as these are test strats, so I don't think it can be that either.

I attach screenshots of 2 and 3 lot strats : 2 lot works, 3 lot does not : help, please !

I must be missing something really obvious...

Edit : just going to repost without my IB account # showing...
    Edit2 : now I cannot get the Manage Attachments link to open... will try again later...
    Edit3... there they go !
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jtrade; 10-29-2009, 03:45 AM.

jtrade, please ensure you run NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.14 and TWS 898.4 as per our IB connection guide.

Next please try submitting higher amounts off the market just to test if those would pass without the warning, are you trading this on Ideal or Ideal Pro?

I believe you would need to adjust TWS's default order settings for the FX spot products for those to pass.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Bertrand - I've been on the phone twice with IB. Fortunately, the second guy I spoke to understood the issue immediately : for some reason, the TWS had set the user permissions to 60k max : very simple to undo this (TWS occasionally asks if you want to reactivate settings not used recently - I must have inadvertently switched this feature on).

So sorry !

Comment

No problem jtrade, great to hear this is resolved for you and thanks for posting the resolution to this thread.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bill2023  
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes