Collapse

eSignal + Ninja + symbols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be nice if $TICK was just the $TICK?

And ES was just the ES, etc etc.

everybody has a different flavor; a different spin on what the truth is. It's hard enough working the trades, why does it have to be made more difficult by every data provider delivering a different version of events and then every trading platform putting their idea of how that feed should be sliced and diced on top of that...?

I trade with a group of seven people, scattered all over the US. we exchange charts several times a day as screenshots. We all trade the same thing; on the same timeframes; through the same broker, yet the charts rarely match.

timestamps; bandwidth; timezone; chart freezes...

all you can do is hope that what you're trading is good enough.

rant over

Comment

I think the issue is that one of the vendors is getting the data from the exchange, while the other is calculating it on the fly from the raw data. Which is doing which, I don't know.

I have used the TICK data for a long time, and it can be rather valuable once you understand it. Both data streams can be used, you just need to get used to the differences. For example, what might be an extreme on the TS feed is still an extreme on the ES feed, but the magnitude tends to be different. The person I learned the TICK from used TS, so found it hard to use ES at first, but spend a little time using it and you will see what I am talking about.

Now you can get the TS ticks into NT, but that is another story and a whole lot of work, notice the TS ticks were shown as an indicator in a Ninja chart ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by aslane View Post
        Now you can get the TS ticks into NT, but that is another story and a whole lot of work, notice the TS ticks were shown as an indicator in a Ninja chart ;-)
        ...and I assume requires a working copy TS in order to work at all, no?

Comment

Originally posted by 5iver View Post
          ...and I assume requires a working copy TS in order to work at all, no?
          Yes, need to collect the data in TS and save/or pass directly to NT, then figure out how to display in NT (NT7 will be better). Doable, but not pain free.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post AveryFlynn  
          Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn