NT 6.5 problems again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5 problems again

It all started when I was going to take chart pics of a volume chart before and after reloading historical data. On reloading I got a big bar several minutes (5ish) long which I knew was incorrect. I repaired database, no luck. Reset DB, no luck. Repaired the install, no luck. Deleted DB, no luck. Started a new Workspace from scratch, no luck. Now I have logged a couple of green System.OutOfMemoryException messages along the way. This is happening even after updating from .9 to .14 the other day. I'm running XP with 4 GB ram 32 bit so 3 GB free.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Hello eDanny,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) The name of the data provider you are using.
    3.) The instrument/interval you are charting.
    4.) Your most recent log and trace files.
    You will find the log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll do that when I get a chance. Right now I'm staring at a Loading Data... window which is doing nothing at all. I had rebooted the machine, turned all my extra taskbar programs off including my firewall, restarted NT, connected live, noticed the last volume bar was a 2 min bar, selected Reload Historical Data and here I sit. NT is happily humming along with this window in my way, without ever doing the reload. Grrrr.
      eDanny

Comment

OK, I backed up my folder in My Documents, uninstalled NT, deleted the install folder, deleted the folder in My Documents, re-downloaded fresh and installed in a brand new folder. Started up and entered key and set up a live connection. Started a 1 Minute ES chart, 15 days, no problem. Changed to 2750 Volume chart, 3 days and get the OutOfMemory error. Also the chart bars start at the current time of reloading historical data. Nothing was copied over from my backed up folder, no workspaces, no indicators, a bare bones fresh install and I still have problems. Maybe I have computer problems, maybe a ram problem, who knows. I will have to run some tests but I'll send the Log and Trace files from this new install right now.
        eDanny

Comment

Alright, moved my old workspace to the new install, copied the indicators needed for my workspace charts. The original problem still crops up. That is, on my Volume chart the tick data from ZenFire accumulates enough error that I need to reload historical data at least every 1/2 hr to keep the chart fairly accurate. Even then a signal may disappear after the reload. This is problematic since I can't trust my chart at any given time. The bigger problem is after several reloads. Then I get a big bar consisting of several normal volume bars. It will persist and just become the last bar on every reload after it occurs. The only fix is to shut down NT and restart. This shouldn't be necessary several times a day. My question is, why can't NT use the native timestamps on tick data from ZenFire instead of the PC clock during realtime reception???? Why use the PC clock realtime and tick timestamps when reloading from the historical server. This guarantees differences in data all the time! I can't keep dealing with faulty charts and the inability to adjust them more than a couple times a day without problems.
          eDanny

Comment

Hi eDanny,

Thank you for your reply.

Please continue working from the email thread we have going already.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post tkaboris  
            Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            16 responses
            0 likes