Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIX adapter

Dierk,

What I should have asked is whether you have written a FIX adaptor. I need to connect NT to our FIX engine and it would obviously be most helpful if the work has already been done.

If you don't have an adaptor, are there plans to write one, and when will it be available?

If theree are no planst o provide FIX connectivity, Is the NT output API open so that we can code the NT output messages ourselves for connection to FIX - and what issues will we find?

thanks in advance

Nick

As discussed by PM you (as I understand the issue) are looking for a way to hook up NT to your broker's FIX engine (FIMAT is your broker). Sorry, this is not supported. We do have no plans to support the FIMAT FIX engine at this time.

Comment

ok understood.

Do you support any FIX engine, such as ULFIX or QuickFIX?

Comment

NT connects to FIX engines by using QuickFIX

Comment

Ok, that's good news. So assuming I have QuickFIX running here, how does NT interface with it? I don't see an adaptor in the account connections list - guess it won't be that simple?

nick

Comment

There is no generic FIX connection. NT only supports the provider types you see listed. There is no way around.

Comment

I'm a little confused now. Are you saying that we would need to write our own FIX adaptor to interface with the QuickFIX engine?

If so, is the NT message output side of the API open so taht we could write the interface to it?

Comment

There are no options for you apart from using the providers/brokers supported already. You can not write your own NT adapter using FIX.

-> there is no way that you could connect NT to the FIX engine of FIMAT (your broker)

Comment

Dierk:

Is this still the case with NT 7: One can not write your own NT adapter using FIX (even if they use QuickFix engine)?

Semi-pro traders who work with prop firms, etc. that use NT want to use brokers that aren't necessarily in your list of approved brokers (but those brokers are FIX capable). It would be great to allow sophisticated programmers to be able to plugin/build their own FIX adapters with QuickFix if that were made possible from Ninja's side.

JD

Comment

jdfagan,

This is still the case, but I will forward your suggestion on to my superiors for further consideration as a future addition.
                    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post lorem
                    by lorem

Started by Spiderbird, Today, 12:15 PM
                    0 responses