NT will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT will not start

I have been a client for 5 yrs...had power outage in summer lost hard drive...system working fine but memory only shows 2.5 GB Ram instead of 4GB ...around the time of outage I had stopped trading so I did not reinstall NT..and actually suspended my subscription...I am getting back to trading again and want to install the software but it will not install...sent trace files...changed .net framework...tech support suggestion is to reinstall windows and see if that solves problem...that is a lot of work with no guarantee that is the problem...I have redownloaded the platform twice...it hangs on startup with an hourglass and only shows 1/2 of the usual start up screen...any suggestions?

I've just been through a similar problem myself. All the other software on my PC was working OK but I could not launch NT. I tried everything but in the end I decided to reinstall the Windows operating system and it solved the problem. There were obviously some corrupted OS files that were causing the problem.

Originally posted by 9Baller View Post
    I have been a client for 5 yrs...had power outage in summer lost hard drive...system working fine but memory only shows 2.5 GB Ram instead of 4GB ...around the time of outage I had stopped trading so I did not reinstall NT..and actually suspended my subscription...I am getting back to trading again and want to install the software but it will not install...sent trace files...changed .net framework...tech support suggestion is to reinstall windows and see if that solves problem...that is a lot of work with no guarantee that is the problem...I have redownloaded the platform twice...it hangs on startup with an hourglass and only shows 1/2 of the usual start up screen...any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by 9Baller View Post
      Just had the same problem. I cannot start NT at all, even though it was working just fine last time I used it, which was a few months back. All I can tell you is that it seems to have rather little to do with how much space you have left on your hard drive. I have well over 6 GB and it's enough for all my other programs. Fortunately, I am not using NT for my trading, just wanted to take a few screenshots for one of my prospective clients.

I am in the process of moving to a new puter and I hope this will not happen to me on the new machine. I don't think I would want to mess with Windows installation. You may want to go for a new computer too, if you think this makes sense in your case.
      Last edited by eminimethods_com; 11-17-2009, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post WHICKED
      by WHICKED

Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
      2 responses