Market replay problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay problem

As soon as I push the play button on the market replay player Ninja Trader quits responding and I have to shut it down and start again. I haven't managed to replay a session yet.

Hello appolo112,

Can you please go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data folder. This folder should only contain date folders with Market Replay data. If other files are located in the data folder, it causes issues with the Market Replay.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Checked. No other folders other than market replay data folders are located in the data folder.

Comment

Before clicking the Play button, please right click on the Market Replay control and select 'Available Instruments'. Do you see the instruments and time ranges you recorded data?

Did you record the data yourself or did you manually import it from a different source?

Try a reboot of your PC and check if the issue persists.

Comment

Yes, I see the available instruments and the time range of the recorded data for the day.

I recorded the data myself.

the problem persists after rebooting the PC

Comment

Do you have many charts and other windows opened in NinjaTrader when you connect to the Market Replay?

Please restart NinjaTrader and close all windows except the Control Center. Connect to the Market Replay and check if the unresponsiveness persists.

If not, open up a new chart and check if it receives Market Replay data.

Comment

When I try to connect to market replay I just have one window opened in Ninja Trader.

After restarting NinjaTrader, closing all windows except the Control Center and connecting to the Market Replay the problem persists, and as soon as I push the play button Ninja trader quits respondig and I have to shut it down.

What do you mean by "If not, open up a new chart and check if it receives Market Replay data" ?

That's what I've been trying to do unsuccesfully. The chart seems to not receive the mardet replay data because Ninja trader fails to respond once I start the market replay player.

Comment

I suggested to connect to the Market Replay with only the Control Center opened and subsequently create a chart once you are connected to the Market Replay.

Does NinjaTrader becomes unresponsive if you connect to the Market Replay with only the Control Center opened?

Could it be you have workspaces running in the background? Go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened. Ensure only the Control Center is opened and connect to the Market Replay.

In addition, does it make a difference if you select a different Market Replay date?

Comment

NinjaTrader becomes unresponsive when I connect to the Market Replay with only the Control Center opened. It doesn't make any diference the replay date.

I've checked opened workspaces and there is just one, the default workspace.

Comment

I suggest to try an uninstall/re-install of NinjaTrader. You will save all settings and data.

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Clear your browser cache(!) and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.14 at the link below.

Check if the issue persists.

Did you always experience this issue upon playing Market Replay data?

Comment

Uninstalled and re-installed Ninja Trader as you suggested. It did not work and the problem persists.

Yes. I have always experienced this problem with market replay.

Comment

Hi appolo112,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most recent trace file.
                        You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok. You should have received my note.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM