X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hOW CAN I LOAD FOREX CURRENCY CHART?

Dear Ninja,
    I need a help.
    I just downloaded and the first time to use.
    I had already installed Ninjatrader platform for forex. But I can't find forex currency chart to down load. No chart appeared.

Thanks
    Last edited by WWMMACAU; 11-02-2009, 03:54 PM.

Hello WWMMACAU,

Thank you for your post.

Who are you connecting to that provides FOREX data? NinjaTrader is not a data provider so charts will not work unless you make a connection to one of our providers.

You can create a free connection to Gain to view FOREX data in NinjaTrader. Please see this connection guide to connect NinjaTrader with gain.

Gain connection guide

Let me know if you need additional help getting setup.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hello WWMMACAU,

Thank you for your post.

Who are you connecting to that provides FOREX data? NinjaTrader is not a data provider so charts will not work unless you make a connection to one of our providers.

You can create a free connection to Gain to view FOREX data in NinjaTrader. Please see this connection guide to connect NinjaTrader with gain.

Gain connection guide

Let me know if you need additional help getting setup.
      Thanks for your reply, RyanM,
      I had already connected to Gain for Demo.
      When I am trying to create a new chart , ask me to choose instrument, then I choose Default. I didn't find any currency pairs to choose. Template no choices.Then no chart appeared.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

It's good to hear you were able to create the connection to Gain successfully.

You will need to add some currency pairs to the default list. When you connect to Gain, it will only populate your instrument manager with FOREX symbols, so this should be easy to do.

Click on Tools > Instrument Manager. Highlight a symbol you are interested in viewing and click the Left Arrow to add it to the default list.

Now when you go to create a chart, click the "name" drop down list to see all the instruments in that default list.

More information on adding/removing instruments can be found by clicking this link.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
          Hello,

It's good to hear you were able to create the connection to Gain successfully.

You will need to add some currency pairs to the default list. When you connect to Gain, it will only populate your instrument manager with FOREX symbols, so this should be easy to do.

Click on Tools > Instrument Manager. Highlight a symbol you are interested in viewing and click the Left Arrow to add it to the default list.

Now when you go to create a chart, click the "name" drop down list to see all the instruments in that default list.

More information on adding/removing instruments can be found by clicking this link.

Hi RyanM,

Thanks again.
          Now I can add currency pairs to the default list.
          But I cannot attach indicators to the chart.
          I click the indicators icon to open the indicators window and choose indicator and click OK, but no indicator attached to the chart.
          Please help again.

Thanks a lot.

Hi RyanM,

I got it now.
          Last edited by WWMMACAU; 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post CortexZenUSA  
          Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
          0 responses
          1 view