IB + ZenFire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB + ZenFire

I presently use IB data and trade via ChartTrader with my IB account. However, I also have an account with Mirus, which I understand may entitle me to a free ZenFire feed.

If I have a ZenFire feed, can I use ChartTrader to execute orders to IB (charting with ZenFire data), & if so how, please ?

Hello jtrade,

Thank you for your post.

When establishing your connections please connect to Zen-Fire first and IB second in order to receive Zen-Fire data for your charts.

When placing orders you will need to select the correct account from the account drop down window within the Chart Trader pane.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Multiple Connections.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the very prompt response, ChristopheJ.

Using the solution you suggest will presumably require me to upgrade to a Multiple Lease ?

To remain in Scrooge mode, I would have to run an additional free demo copy of NT with ZenFire data and my leased NT running just, say, a SuperDOM with IB data, ie. no ChartTrader option ?

I think it might be worth paying a few dollars a month for the first option !

Comment

Hi,

Chris' solution would require a Multi-Broker License or the Free Edition License but you would not be able to trade live with the Free Edition License.

You other option of running the Zen-Fire data the Free Version License and then the Leased Single Broker License with IB on another PC.

However, you could use both Chart Trader and the SuperDOM on both instances.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If Mirus set me up with a free live NT/ZenFire combo - becasue I have an account with them - can I upgrade this account to Multiple for the difference between the normal single broker lease and multiple ?

Comment

jtrade, thanks for the reply - please sent a note to our sales team with this question (sales at ninjatrader dot com) - thanks
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
              jtrade, thanks for the reply - please sent a note to our sales team with this question (sales at ninjatrader dot com) - thanks
              I'll get myself setup with the ZenFire combo first, then take it from there

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB