Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

3 targets give 3 undesirable stop orders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 targets give 3 undesirable stop orders?

Hi,

I'm just starting with ATM and it's great! I'm using IB with NT.

However the additional orders that NT generates are awful in respect to commissions

I am creating a ATM with 3 profit targets it also creates 3 stop-loss orders with the same S/L price. If I enter and my S/L is hit I have to pay 3 times commission for the 3 stop orders which is I think unnecessary if the stop orders where combined to one single stop until the 2st target is hit, the S/L could be updated and changed.

If I have 2 targets, and I move over the amount from one target into the other target, EVERY time i make a change, there are new bracket orders created instead of the current order amount updated.
    If I would change the amount of stocks 5 times I would have 5 additional orders in the market for one and the same target..

I usually adjust my orders manually in IB, this is picked up by NT so that's a reasonable work around for some of the issue's but not the s/l orders with the 1+ targets.

Can this behavior of NT be switched of some where so it starts to update the order amounts instead of adding new orders? And how can I enable NT that with multiple targets the S/L orders on the same price level are one order instead of 3 S/L orders with the same price.

Many thanks in advance,

Wessel de Roode

Hello Wessel,

Thank you for your post.

This is to be expected since each stop loss and profit target form their own OCO order pair. So for each of your profit targets there is a stop order for that particular profit target, thus the 3 seperate stop orders.

Also, the reason your orders are updated in the manner you describe is because NinjaTrader uses FIFO (first in first out). Please see the following link for more information.

However, I will forward your suggestions to development for inclusion among the list of possible future enhancements to NinjaTrader.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the explanation and sending it to development
      Wessel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes