NT freeze on FOMC release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freeze on FOMC release

I have just 2 charts open with 5 indicators total, none of which are very complicated. I know the volume spike is huge at 2:15 EST, but does anyone have no issues at all at such times? If so, could you list your PC setup (OS, CPU, mem, anti-virus, etc) and ISP throughput? Also if your data provider provides all data or bundles (like IB does). Thx.
    Last edited by marketmasher; 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM.

My charts freeze

My charts freeze regularly whenever there is high volume, like FOMC release or almost any other announcement. Sometimes they also freeze at the open or close of the stock market. Typically, all my charts will freeze for 20 to 30 seconds or more, and then start updating again. This happens with IB and ProActive and PFG.

Comment

I'm running 6.5.1000.14 with 6 charts (1440min/60min/15min/5min/2min/1min) and a superdom. Each chart has 7 indicators that I modified from existing scripts: Pivot points, 8ema, 20ema, 200ema, Trend Candles, Swing, Bar Timer, and Price Alert. With this setup I have not exprienced any freezes, and it handles news announcements without any glitches. Below is my computer setup:

Intel Pentium Dual E2180 @ 2.00GHz
      2GB RAM
      Windows Vista (latest service packs and updates)

AT&T DSL Elite Package (4.0 MBit/sec; 600K/sec)
      Symantec Antivirus 10.0
      Microsoft Security Essentials

AMP Futures with Zen-Data

The frequent issues that I have with NT are corrupted workspaces and databases. These problems are hard to pinpoint and fix. Deleting workspaces and repairing database don't always work. So, the sure-fire fix that works for me is to uninstall NT and manually remove any traces of NT then reinstall a fresh copy. This procedure is tedious, so after a few tries I created a drive image without NT, so whenever I need to (every 3-6 months) I would do a restore and reinstall NT.

Good luck
      Last edited by hcgaloi; 11-15-2009, 12:22 PM. Reason: add more info

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post algospoke  
      Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
      3 responses