Simple Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Math

Hello all - I'm struggling with simple math formulas in building my strategy. What I am attempting to do is build a stop and a trailing stop using the Average True Range (ATR) as an indicator.

Here is what I want to say with my stop, if the unrealized P&L has fallen 5 ATRs (20 period ATR). Close trade

On the trailing stop, every time the P&L moves 5 ATRs in profit place enter a trailing stop 2 ATRs from the high of that day.

What I am stuck on is how to properly say 5 * ATR (20), code written this way doesn't produce any results.

Any thoughts? thank you

Originally posted by titleistbb22 View Post
    Hello all - I'm struggling with simple math formulas in building my strategy. What I am attempting to do is build a stop and a trailing stop using the Average True Range (ATR) as an indicator.

Here is what I want to say with my stop, if the unrealized P&L has fallen 5 ATRs (20 period ATR). Close trade

On the trailing stop, every time the P&L moves 5 ATRs in profit place enter a trailing stop 2 ATRs from the high of that day.

What I am stuck on is how to properly say 5 * ATR (20), code written this way doesn't produce any results.

Any thoughts? thank you
    Proper way would be:

5 * ATR(20)[0]

Comment

Thanks for the response - Im aware of the need to add [0] representing the bars back. I need to play around with this a bit more and re-phrase my question. thx

Comment

Please post the code you use if possible so we can take a look, a basic sample how to move stop and target prices can be found here - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3222
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post elirion
        by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
        0 responses