Multi broker license with multiple IB accts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi broker license with multiple IB accts

I have data from zen fire but will trade to 2 diff IB accts.
    I am getting a multi broker license with Ninja, is this sufficient to route orders from 2 charts to 2 diff IB accts?

Also if I add another broker, like Zaner or Pro active futures. can I route orders to 2 IB accts and zaner? with this license

Hello kumaresh11,

Yes, however note that is not supported to connect to multiple IB connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader. So you can only trade the two accounts if they can be accessed by one IB connection.

Yes, you will be able to trade accounts at multiple brokers using the multi broker license.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok.Thks. But I don't think we can connect to 2 IB accts from one IB connetion as NT connects by IB's userid. next question would be, is it possible to have 2 NT running on one PC and have 2 seperate NT licenses so we can connect to 2 IB accounts independent of each other?

Comment

Hi kumaresh11,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) If both accounts shared a common username and password, this would be possible.

2.) Only one instance of NinjaTrader can run on a PC at any given time.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason./ 2 accts will have 2 user names for sure. never seen an acct sharing a username. so would need 2 PCs then

Comment

Jason, Kyle,
            have anotehr important question. when a automated Strategy route orders to an IB acct, would we still see trades executed in acct perfomance?

as I like to see which Strategy executes which trades, which can't be seen in IB's TWS.

Comment

There are IB accounts that are accessed by one IB login. I believe this is the case with IB advisory accounts and friends and family accounts. I suggest to contact IB for verification.

If the two acccounts use different login information, two PC's are required.

Yes, all trade history will stored in the database. You can use the Account Performance-tab to generate performance reports.

Comment

Thk you Jason

Comment

One other related question: If I use NT to connect to same broker but wish to place trades in 2 seperate futures accounts based on 2 seperate TradeStation Strategies (using the NT DLL method), will NinjaTrader (NT) platform then show 2 seperate windows showing the open trades in each account? i dont want all my open positions within account A and account B all showing in the 1 NT window on my computer as this would be confusing. Within the NT platform window showing open positions, i would like to see 2 seperate "open positions" windows for account A and account B. I would also like to see 2 seperate windows also for closed positions / trading order history for each seperate account? Does NT have this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for this. Just a reminder that my question below is still not answered? Thank you.

Regards

Rocket

Comment

Hello Rocket,

All trades will show in the same window, but can be sorted by account allowing you to better differentiate the two.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle. Do "closed positions" (order history) also show up in the one single window ?

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

You can generate reports per account in the Account Performance-tab. Please click the 'Advanced>>' button and subsequently enable the account you like. Generate a performance report and it will only include executions as per the account you selected. Select the Trades-tab to view all trades as per the account and time range you selected. More information regarding the Account Performance-tab can be found at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post zstheorist  
                            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                            8 responses
                            0 likes