Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtest data missing

Hello,

I have developed a few custom strategies and am working on backtesting those against different futures instruments with a datafeed from Zen. Several times when I run the backtest on different instruments, I notice that certain days of data are missing from my test. I am testing several intervals from 89 tick through 233 tick.

Does the strategy analyzer grab historical data for the dates and intervals I have listed in the backtest, or must I load the data somewhere else in Ninja prior to running the backtest.

Thanks

vanderhe68, best approach would be to open a chart connected and ensure all needed data is present, then disconnect and run the Strategy Analzyer on this stored data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand,

I have tried that and can see the data in my chart just fine. Do I need to restart the Strategy Analyzer after I pull up a new chart....or should it just be able to see the new data? I've tried switching to a different instrument and back on the strategy analyzer...but I get the same result....missing days.

I am a bit confused on when/how/where from historical data is loaded for backtesting purposes. If you can, please point me to a thread or help topic that discusses how historical data is loaded and kept on my machine.

Thanks.

Comment

For the basics of data loading and how things are structured, you could check into this - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ricalData.html

Data downloaded would be stored in the database and the Strategy Analyzer would use this, so please try to restart this after you've confirmed the charts contain all needed data.

How many days on tick data are you attempting to backtest with?

Do you see any log errors in the Control Center?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes