@ESZ09.D works with SMTP but not DLL interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ESZ09.D works with SMTP but not DLL interface

EDIT: I THINK I FIGURED OUT A WAY AROUND THIS PROBLEM. I MISSED IT AT FIRST BUT I SEE THE DLL TRADESTATION FUNCTION "NTCommand" HAS "GetSymbolName" in it where I can just override that with my own symbol that doesn't have the =108XN.

You can stop reading now.

Hi-

First of all I messed up: The Thread should be titled
    "@ESZ09=108XN works with SMTP but not DLL interface."

I regularly trade using TS to NT SMTP email interface using charts in Tradestation that have symbols like @ESZ09=108XN, @TFZ09=108XN etc., and using this method they have always correctly mapped over to the front month contracts in NT while keeping the "External" symbol mapping value at the default of "ES".

but now that I'm switching to and testing the DLL interface, these same symbols won't work properly. In the NT log I get the following YELLOW lined message:

OIF, Place;Sim101;@ESZ09=108XN;Buy;1;Stop;0;1258;;;test 123;;' holds unknown instrument '@ESZ09=108XN'

I've played with the symbol mapping in Ninjatrader under the ES symbol and changing "External" field to @ES or @ESZ09 or @ESZ09=108XN doesn't make it work. Is there a way I can get this to work or is this something you guys will have to fix?

I don't want to use just @ES or @ESZ09.D in TS as those don't fit my needs and doesn't ensure TS is using the right months.

FYI, if you guys are going to change anything, the part after and including the equals sign doesn't matter for the purpose of executing in NT; it is just so the data and contracts will be put together the way I want them for specific strategies in TS-- I still want to execute on the current front month ES contract.

Maybe I'm missing something, or this is not supported through the DLL ATI?

Thank you!
    Last edited by geoMEAN; 11-07-2009, 12:02 AM. Reason: i think i found a work around

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post jeronymite  
Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM