Annoying Chart Time Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Chart Time Issues

These examples assume NQ and ES for data.

I travel alot to different time zones and frequently do analysis and backtesting in those different time zones. Ninjatrader seems determined to make my life difficult in this regard.

Say I am in the Central Time Zone for 2 weeks and have 2 weeks of old data and then am in the Pacific Time Zone for another week and then want to backtest a strategy only during pit trading hours over those last three weeks.

Guess what? The first two weeks the data will be stamped according to the Central while the last week will be stamped according to Pacific. Even worse is being in Reno when the computer can't figure out WTF time zone it is in alternating between Mountain and Pacific.

Guess what? This could all be fixed if the chart data was slaved to the exchange local time.

Would that be too much to ask for the next version of Ninjatrader?

What do the powers that be think of that? In its existing form it sucks to work with. I have to pull up a 10 minute chart and look for a daily volume spike to figure out what hour the floor trading actually starts with the current seemingly random chart labelling. (I usually use a 233 tick so there is not much of a clue as to when it opens.)

What say you?

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll send this to development for consideration.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kocmodpom View Post
      These examples assume NQ and ES for data.

I travel alot to different time zones and frequently do analysis and backtesting in those different time zones. Ninjatrader seems determined to make my life difficult in this regard.

Say I am in the Central Time Zone for 2 weeks and have 2 weeks of old data and then am in the Pacific Time Zone for another week and then want to backtest a strategy only during pit trading hours over those last three weeks.

Guess what? The first two weeks the data will be stamped according to the Central while the last week will be stamped according to Pacific. Even worse is being in Reno when the computer can't figure out WTF time zone it is in alternating between Mountain and Pacific.

Guess what? This could all be fixed if the chart data was slaved to the exchange local time.

Would that be too much to ask for the next version of Ninjatrader?

What do the powers that be think of that? In its existing form it sucks to work with. I have to pull up a 10 minute chart and look for a daily volume spike to figure out what hour the floor trading actually starts with the current seemingly random chart labelling. (I usually use a 233 tick so there is not much of a clue as to when it opens.)

What say you?
      NT7 introduces the concept of Session Manager which allows you to built session templates on exchange time. I believe this will resolve your issue.
      RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
      1 response
      0 likes