Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program refuses to read the database

Dear Ninja,

· I run into trouble connecting to a broker (IB or Yahoo).

I got the message "Failed to execute DB job 'StrategyUpdateJob': impossible to open the DB.....". This seems to happen each time the NinjaTrader.mdb file reaches 2,097,152 Ko.

This is the second time it happens to me. Restarting the program with a db of a smaller size seems to avoid the problem but does not solve it in the long run.

What are the options? Is it possible to increase the maximum size of the DB?

· I have another problem reading the future for the Russel2000, it seems that the program does not recognize it. Already had this problem in the past and you send me the solution (but I forgot what to do).

Thanks for your answer.
    Last edited by Ragingbull; 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM.

Ragingbull,

Sounds like you are using NT6.5 and not 7. Please confirm if that is the case since this is the dedicated NT7 section of our forums.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      Ragingbull,

Sounds like you are using NT6.5 and not 7. Please confirm if that is the case since this is the dedicated NT7 section of our forums.
      Hi Josh,

Exact running NT6.5. Sorry did not see it was dedicated to NT7 only.

By the way, how can I load betaNT7?

Thanks

Comment

Ragingbull,

I suggest you repair your database instead of trying a smaller one. There is no placed limitation on DB size.

NT7 beta is currently a closed beta. We will be rolling an open beta in the future.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

As suggested, I did run a restore Db on my NinjaTrader.mdb file.

It has reduced the size from 2,097,152 Ko to some 2,056,000 Ko and solved temporarly the problem. The file was readable again.

Today reaching again the "2,097,152 Ko size limit", I got the same issue as described precedently. Playing again the restore DB has reduced the size to some 2,087,000 Ko and made the file useable again.

So, I am pretty convinced that either Microsoft or Ninjatrader has put some size limitation on the mdb file.

Thanks for further investigating how we can solve or go around this issue.

Best regards.

Comment

Ragingbull, we do not limit file size per se, but with such a DB size we would normally recommend starting out with a fresh DB for performance. You could export needed historical data stored to back it up under Tools > Historical Data > Export. To start with a fresh DB then, you would need to go to the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > DB folder and rename the NinjaTrader.mdb file, then restart NinjaTrader and it will create a new one.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes