How to see the daily percentage change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see the daily percentage change?

A seemingly very simple thing that I have NOT been able to find in Ninja Trader is how to simply see the percentage change on a chart!?

For example, I can easily see the absolute level on the S&P500 index on the right side of the chart, but how can I easily see the intraday percentage change? Not knowing how much the market has risen or fallen today makes things very hard to overlook for me as a trader.

The optimal solution would, in my opinion, be to have this figure at the top of every chart next to the name of the instrument. (For example: ES 12-09 2009-11-09 (5 min) +1,73%)

kind regards

Hello Fierze,

Thank you for your post.

An indicator such as this may be available in the Indicators section of the NinjaScript File Sharing section of the support forum.

Or you can have that indicator custom programmed by one of our NinjaScript Consultants.

Another thing you can is go to File-->New-->Market Analyzer. Add the instrument that you want the data for by right clicking and then selecting the Add instrument. Then to view the percentage change you can right click in the Market Analyzer and then select columns and add the NetChange column. Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was, strangely, not able to find any indicator that show daily percentage change directly in the chart. If such an indicator exists, I would like to know the name so I can find it.

I use the market analyzer for "net change" now but I have only one computer screen, so space is valuable, and I would prefer to see these numbers in each chart instead.

Comment

Hi Fierze,

If a search of the forum did not yield an indicator that can accomplish what you would like then it is possible to create this indicator using NinjaScript. Please see the following link for more information.

Or, perhaps, a NinjaScript Consultant could program one on your behalf.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes