Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live trading and Demo

Hi All,
    If I purchase (or lease) a license to trade account "A" from broker "B" please let me know the following:

can I open also a demo account "D" from the same broker in order to test new strategies with automated trading and run simultaneously strategy "S1" on account "A" with real money and strategy "S2" on account "D" with not real money?
    Could I get the possibility to open and run account "D" on another computer simultaneously with aco**** "A" traded live with my license on the first computer? (I mean longer than the 30 days or so of standard demo possibilities)
    Can I trade as many accounts as I wish on the same computer, simultaneously provided they are all from broker "B" ?

Thanks, bye
    Smodato

smodato, this would depend on which broker technology you are going to use in this example - for demo testing of strategies you can always just use our internal Sim101 account to execute strategy orders to.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      smodato, this would depend on which broker technology you are going to use in this example - for demo testing of strategies you can always just use our internal Sim101 account to execute strategy orders to.
      Thanks for your answer, could I use that account on a separate computer as long as I desire or is there a limited period that Sim101 can be activated?
      thanks, bye
      Smodato

Comment

You could use this simulation account on another computer with our free simulation license for as long as you desire.

Comment

Thanks, i still have one doubt.
          I got a demo account from PFG and I tested in NT realtime strategies, now I can't log in any more, does this depend upon NT or on PFG? I mean, if I open a demo account with a broker to trade in NT, is this limited in time from NT? Or , if limited, is it limited from the broker?
          Thansk, bye
          Smodato

Comment

smodato, the trial time is limited by your broker / provider, please contact them to discuss this.

Comment

Clarification

I have a live trading account with my broker (account is funded).

I have activated my new NT licence key and in the Control Center I can select my live account or SIM.

I have not yet PURCHASED a licence from NT as I am not quite ready to actually trade live.

However, now that I use NT with the new licence key I no longer have access to functions like NT Script, Strategies or ATM when in SIM mode.

Is this related to the new licence key or have I some other issue.

I thought SIM gave you ALL the functionality of the paid for version - except for the ability to trade Live.

At present I still need SIM access to ATM and NT Script etc while I finalise my strategy and practice.

Comment

Steve, this might happen if you entered a direct edition license key from your broker - to check into please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com, a PM would do as well, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  Steve, this might happen if you entered a direct edition license key from your broker - to check into please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com, a PM would do as well, thanks.
                  Hi Bertrand, have sent you PM with the key.

Comment

Hello steve2222,

Unfortunately, you make use of the NinjaTrader Direct license, which does not include the functionalities you mentioned.

All functionalities are available upon using the NinjaTrader free license, but this license is limited to trade in simulation only.

Please send me an email at support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com requesting the free NinjaTrader license and I will send it over.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post bltdavid  
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes