Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhotonTrader

Hi,

Anyplans to make NT compatible with the PhotonTrader platform?

imported post

No plans at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Photon is a few hundred a month cheaper than pats, which is why some like it. If NT could be the front-end to photon, it makes economic sense.

But does anyone know how many users photon has? At the Trader Expo show in NY, a rep told me they have 200-300 users. I think pats has 7 or 8 thousand. Which is weird because you'd think a few hundred a month would force a bunch of folks to migrate to a cheaper screen.

Anyone know real numbers or is it a big secret?

Comment

imported post

It is my understanding that PATS uses a less desirable system of handling orders than Photon and some of the other platforms. PATS does not place the ordersdirectly on the exchanges' servers, therefore they are not in the queue. This results in slower execution, more slippage, less reliability, etc.Perhaps others can confirm/reject or elaborate on this.

I have no idea on the number of subscribers to the various platforms, but do know that many top traders prefer Photon or X-Trader.

Comment

imported post

Cody,

I believe the mistake you are making is that Photon is $200 a month. Not cheaper. NT being only $50. That is why there is not the "migration" to Photon. I've heard it is much faster, as soon as you click period.I haven't used it yet.

~auggie

Comment

imported post

Ouiji wrote:
            It is my understanding that PATS uses a less desirable system of handling orders than Photon and some of the other platforms. PATS does not place the ordersdirectly on the exchanges' servers, therefore they are not in the queue. This results in slower execution, more slippage, less reliability, etc.Perhaps others can confirm/reject or elaborate on this.

I have no idea on the number of subscribers to the various platforms, but do know that many top traders prefer Photon or X-Trader.

Incorrect. Orders are submitted to to the exchange. When stop orders are not supported by the exchange (ECBOT for example) then they are held on the traders local PC.

Comment

imported post

auggie-

I mis-spoke(typed). Relative to pats, photon is cheaper - therefore, what I should have said more clearly, is that using photon as a front-end, versus using pats, would be cheaper.

NT is lightening quick, and for some unknown reason, since I started using NT, my ratio of winner to loser trades,using NT, has gone up dramatically. I'd like to think it is me, but I dont think so.

Comment

imported post

Cody,

"mis-spoke(typed). Relative to pats, photon is cheaper - therefore, what I should have said more clearly, is that using photon as a front-end, versus using pats, would be cheaper."

What does this front end stuff being cheaper mean? NT/pats is $50 month, Photon is $200.

If Photon is cheaper it's because it routes the orders quicker than pats and therefor saves you money by beating out your completion. I've been told that traders with big size use it /love it. I've been told Photon is quicker than Ninja and it should be for the extra money.

Cheers,

auggie

Comment

imported post

auggie wrote:
                  I've been told Photon is quicker than Ninja and it should be for the extra money.

Please do not confuse NinjaTrader front end with Photon when it comes to speed. Photon is not only a front end but includes the network and back office systems that route the order to the exchanges. NinjaTrader is only the front end that submits order information to the currently supported back end infrastructures such as Patsystems, Interactive Brokers and MB Trading. If you are comparing speed, you should compare apples to apples. Comparing NinjaTrader through Patsystems to Photon would be an apples to apples comparison.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Ray,

[Comparing NinjaTrader through Patsystems to Photon would be an apples to apples comparison.]

Was that a typo? You mean apples to oranges perhaps? Your definition would seem to support my post that therefor photon is quicker.

~auggie

Comment

imported post

No, I am mean apples to apples.

Would you compare a Momo steering wheel by itself to a completecar? Of course not, you would compare the entire car with the Momo steering wheel to another car. NinjaTrader is just a steering wheel that can be fitted on several different brands of cars. Photon provides their own steering wheel to their car platform.

In other words, you can't compare NT to Photon user interface for execution speed. You must compare Patsystems, Interactive Brokers or MB Trading platforms to Photon's platform. The user interface (for execution speed once a button is pushed) makes up such a minimal portion of the overall round trip time from the users screen to the exchange and back.

Comment

imported post

Ray,

Ok then, Patsystems platform compared to Photon's platform is inferior. The end result?, you'll get a quicker fill with Photon.I'll be looking into more about the why of itbut the bottom line is the orders get filled ahead of Pats.

~auggie

Comment

imported post

Auggie,

I appreciate you expressing your opinion in an apples to apples format.

Regards,

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post yertle
                          by yertle