Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Data, Reload Historical Data greyed out

Hi guys,

I am with Mirus using Zenfire connection.

I have confirmed (along with another friend who is also with Mirus using Zen-fire) there is indeed an issue as we both have missing data..

I've noticed this on the ES 12-09 and FDAX 12-09 contracts.

I've noticed the data i am missing is since i closed down ninja yesterday and since re-opened today (all data whilst ninja was closed and zenfire connection offline is MISSING).. please see the image below..

Note:
    * I have tried logging off and reconnecting (as in other threads).
    * Tried reloading new charts
    * "Reload Historical Data" option in charts is greyed out.

ES 12-09 example now:

Also- other contracts such as 6E 12-09, NQ 12-09 and TF 12-09 (contracts i have loaded in the past) do not have ANY DATA at all; only the current bar.

Example:

Can you guys help please! My data is completely incorrect

Many thanks in advance!

Hello rg144,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chris,

thanks for the prompt response!

I actually disconnected about 5mins ago and reconnected- and "some" data was updated but there was still some missing.

nevertheless i then right clicked on my charts and the "Reload Historical Data" option could now be selected!

so i selected that and all is fine.

as all seems to be well now- should i still follow your procedure below to repair the database?

thanks again

Comment

Hello rg144,

No, you can disregard the steps to repair database if everything is up and running at this time.

Comment

ok no problems, thanks again for your help Chris

Comment

I've been having the exact same problem described in the first post for the past couple weeks, including today (11/13/09) and every day this week. I'm also using Zenfire/Mirus with version 6.5.1000.14. I can eventually get the missing data to load by repairing my database and/or restarting my computer, but sometimes I have to do so a few times before the missing data appears. I feel this is too time consuming and unnecessary.

I noticed a couple other posts with the exact same problem. The fact that the problem can be fixed by repairing the DB and restarting suggest that it's a problem with my instance of NT and not a data server problem. Should I do a fresh reinstall of NT?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpowerballad View Post
              I've been having the exact same problem described in the first post for the past couple weeks, including today (11/13/09) and every day this week. I'm also using Zenfire/Mirus with version 6.5.1000.14. I can eventually get the missing data to load by repairing my database and/or restarting my computer, but sometimes I have to do so a few times before the missing data appears. I feel this is too time consuming and unnecessary.

I noticed a couple other posts with the exact same problem. The fact that the problem can be fixed by repairing the DB and restarting suggest that it's a problem with my instance of NT and not a data server problem. Should I do a fresh reinstall of NT?

Hello mrpowerballad,

Thank you for your post.

Please delete your historical data by disconnecting-->Tools-->Historical data-->Delete-->Reconnect.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                Hello mrpowerballad,

Thank you for your post.

Please delete your historical data by disconnecting-->Tools-->Historical data-->Delete-->Reconnect.

Christopher,

Deleting my historical data did not resolve my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpowerballad View Post
                  Christopher,

Deleting my historical data did not resolve my problem.
                  Unfortunately at this time we are experiencing an issue with our historical data server. I will send you a follow email as soon as we have this issue resolved.

Comment

Unfortunately at this time we are experiencing an issue with our historical data server. I will send you a follow email as soon as we have this issue resolved.
                    I experience this problem often. It usually starts when I open a new chart and then there is no historical data, and the reload historical button is greyed out. So today I exited ninja and every time I load it back up and connect it will say "loading data..." and just hang. So now I can't use Ninja at all.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
                      I experience this problem often. It usually starts when I open a new chart and then there is no historical data, and the reload historical button is greyed out. So today I exited ninja and every time I load it back up and connect it will say "loading data..." and just hang. So now I can't use Ninja at all.
                      Hello cunparis,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                      1.) A link to this forum thread.
                      2.) Your most current trace file.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Hello cunparis,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most current trace file.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                        restarting & repairng my data base and then it worked. not sure if the repair fixed it or if the historical server came back online or what..

Comment

Now at 1:30am saturday evening I tried to open a chart and I got an error about the globex data server not being available. So I disconnected from NT and reconnected. Now I have the dreaded "loading data.." dialog that just hangs forever.

Why does this dialog just hang? Can't it timeout after x seconds and say "sorry, no historical data available?"

SOmetimes this happens during my trading and it's frustrating. Even outside of market hours, I have to kill NT with task manager and then reload it.

I hope all these hanging windows and getting stuck issues are resolved with 7.0.

Comment

Hello,

Can you provide step by step instructions so I can reproduce this issue and send it to our development department?
                            DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi! I'm having my reload historical data button grayed out.

I've tried repairing DB, but it doesnt help.

There were 2 instances where the reload historical data button was activated again, but when I tried to reload a day's worth of day's, it just took forever to do it, and I had to force close NT. And when I restarted NT, the button was grayed out again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred