Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What licence to buy in this case?

Hey everyone,

I dont know if im posting on the right topic, but im considering on purchasing NT and i wanted to have this doubt checked:

Is it possible to make swing trade AND day trade contracts at the same time?

I mean, assuming the price is in an uptrend per example, is it possible have a long contract for a few days (swing trade), while day trading on the small uptrends and downtrends inside those days (day trade) at the same time?

Or is it impossible to do in just one account, and you have to choose one of those strategies?

Or do you have to open two different accounts to do this and purchase the multibroker licence?

PS: what if, even if you do have to open two accounts to do this, you open those accounts in the same broker. Like SwingAcct and DaytdAcct. Which NT licence would open those two at the same time? Single broker of multibroker?

It would be cool if the contracts wouldnt cancel eachother out, and be able to be long for a few days, enjoying the ride up with a large stop, while still not wasting those intraday moves.

Thanks for your advice!

Hi fredyyy,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Assuming that your broker allows this, nothing in NinjaTrader would prevent you from doing this. We would, however, recommend using two accounts.

2.) Multi-broker licenses are required only for two accounts at different brokerages. So, if both of your accounts are at the same brokerage, a single broker license would suffice.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx, ive already solved this with my broker.

I have another question tough:

The first time ive downloaded NT, i only specified i was trding futures, but now im getting interested in trying to trade forex so i wanted to learn a bit.

How can i choose the instrument to trade the EURUSD per instance? in the instruments window i can only find many different types of futures.

Comment

Hi Freddy,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to access forex instruments you would need to be connected to a provider that offers that type of data.

For a complete listing of the types of data each provider offers, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

GAIN/Forex.com offers a free forex data connection for all NinjaTrader users.
        To configure the free GAIN connection, please take the steps listed below:
        1. Start NinjaTrader
        2. From within the Control Center window, select “Tools > Account Connections...”
        3. In the Account Connection Set Up window, press Add...
        4. Follow the instructions provided in the Connection Wizard
        5. Select "Use NinjaTrader servers" for Historical Data
        6. Select “Demo” under the Mode option list
        7. Complete the wizard
        8. From within the Control Center window, select "Tools > Options > Misc"
        9. Set the value for the property "Quote currencies (FX) in" to "Pip"
        10. You will now be able to connect to a free real-time rate simulation account
          via the Control Center window “File > Connect” menu
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM