• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commission and Session Date Range issues using Vista

Hello,

I have 2 lap tops I use to run NT.

One uses XP the other is Vista (32 bit)

I have no issues using the XP implementation.

I can not get Commissions to work on the Vista version. I have the systems set up identically on both machines. I have read and re-read all your help docs. I am confident in my understanding the setting of commissions. Every once in a while the Vista machine will pick up the commission settings, but the majority of the time it will not.

Another issue I have on the Vista machine is the session date range setting not working as it does on the CP machine. I have a ZenFire account that I use on both machines. With the XP machine I get previous day data every time I open/connect. With the Vista machine I typically do not. I have altered the session start and stop time values numerous times on the Vista machine. What’s even more weird is sometimes after I have changed the session start and stop date on the Vista implementation it will seemingly pick up different start and stop session date from what I had set. It seems as if there is some system configuration I am not updating, some default setting. Another noticeable issue on the Vista machine is I can not reload historic data as the menu item is grayed out. Note this does not happen all the time, just the majority of the time - usually when I really want to see the previous days values

Have any others reported anything similar to this?

Any ideas to try?

Hello tulanch,

Thank you for your post.

For the commissions issue can you please remove all your commission settings, whether they be provider defined, or instrument defined.

Then please repair the NinjaTrader database by going to Tools-->Options-->Misc-->Repair DB. When finished please close and reopen NinjaTrader.

Set up your commissions in the same manner as before. If the issue persists can you please let me know if the commissions are not being applied to live trades or simulation trades. Also, if the commissions calculate while you are in a trade.

As for the data issue on the Vista machine, this is usually an inability to access the historical data server. This usually occurs when a firewall and antivirus software blocks access to that server. Please disable those types of softwares and please reconnect.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Commission still not working

reseting the database resolved the session date issue - I see time related data as I do on the XP machine and I can control it like I do on the XP machine via the Properties settings.

The commission issues is still present. I see do a commission $4.40 value in the Executions listing view, but I do not see them in the Account Performance->Trades or Summary views. In these two views the commision values are $0.0

While testing this I was using both the market replay as well as a simulation of my live ZenFire connection.

I do see the trades I made during the test in all three views. The $ values of the trades are correct. The commissions values are $0.0 as indicated above.

I will keep trying things to see if I can get it to work...

Comment

I resolved it....

I missed the calculate on PnL check box...

All is working just fine now...both session times and commissions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes