Problem Reconnect Mbtrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Reconnect Mbtrading

PROBLEMS WITH RECONNECT WITH MBTRADING CONTINUES, IT,S IMPOSIBLE WORKS A STRETEGIES WITH THIS PROBLEM.
    will NT7 be able to reconnect to MBTrading after their usual disconnections?? if so,, when can we try NT7?? THANKS.

You will need to restart it to reconnect to MBT. The same is for 7. 7 public beta will begin in the near future.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Solution

There Are No Other Solution?? I Can't Use My Strategies Automatic Because Mbtrading Have Problems With Ninja Trader. So Diffcicult Is???? Thanks

Comment

When MBT disconnects, the way we have to connect to its API requires us to restart NT. There is no way around it.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey Josh,

When MBT disconnects, does NT automatically try and reconnect every 10 seconds, or does it wait for a connection event from the MBT Navigator object?

I have been having a lot of issues with NT / MBT reconnecting. During the MBT Navigator reconnection, the MBT window "Loading account" is present and freezes. The solution at this point is to shut down NT and restart. I spoke with Phil at the MBT SDK forum and he states that the MBT Navigator is suppose to reconnect by itself, and a reconnection should not be done by NT. He (and other people who have created software to integrate with the MBT SDK) had the same "Loading Account" freeze when a reconnect was forced to frequently by the software interfacing with it. I am using the latest MB SDK.

To test this theory I loaded up NT6.5.14, and my own C# application on different computers. In my application I didn't have my code attempt to reconnect at all. The result was that at 6:00 AM EST all 3 applications lost the connection to MB. At 6:01, NT6.5 had the frozen "Loading Accounts' window. My application reconnected without issue.

So, I believe its possible that NT6.5.14 is trying to reconnect automatically too frequently, and too fast between attempts.

Can you look into this please. If you want to setup a custom build of 6.5.14 and have me test it I will. I have multiple computers running 6.5.14 which I can use to test this throughly.

Thank you
          mrlogik
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

mrLogik, the MBT navigator would be able to reconnect, but unfortunately the API limitation is that you have to restart NT and reconnect to MBT manually if you loose the full connection (price and order server) - when you only loose the 'perms' / order connection a NT restart and reconnect should not be needed as it would be picked up.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm seeing the perms / order connection lost, not the price and order connection loss. Then the "Loading account" window from the MBT Navigator comes up and freezes. MBTs, as well as the SDK community on states they have seen this issue when a reconnect attempt is forced by the application using the SDK to quickly. The accepted solution on their side was to not try and reconnect at all and let the MBT Navigator do it automatically.

I have tested this "fix" with a test application I wrote and it seems to work.

What is the reconnect rate applied by NT?

Thanks?
              mrlogik

Comment

Thanks mrlogik - this is all handled by the MBT API itself and not being controlled / forced by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hmmm... Okay maybe I'm confused then. I read in the forum that NT will attempt to reconnect to MBT for 2 minutes, then stop. Can you verify ?

Thanks again Bertrand, I appreciate all of your support.
                  mrlogik

Comment

You're welcome - not sure where this was stated - we don't control this either, if you loose complete connection a restart and reconnect is needed for the MBT API, if you're loosing part of the connection (perms one) it's attempting to reconnect automatically - I'm using this personally and have not have a 'lock' up in this scenario, just the regular restart and reconnect once a day now (on new MBT Nav), which is unfortunately expected.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

See post #6 and #8

When you say its attempting to reconnect automatically, do you mean NT or MBT?
                      I think a better question may be, how does NT handle a disconnect (full and partial) with MBT?

Also, Dierk is referring to a temporary disconnection recovery in this post #5. Can you explain what is done.

The freezing gray window I'm talking about looks like the attached, but stays at "Loading Account List."

Thanks again.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by mrlogik; 12-29-2009, 01:43 PM.
                      mrlogik

Comment

I see - thanks - what I meant was if you loose only the 'perms' server connection it should normally not result in having to manually restart / reconnect things. Dierk refers to setting a backup connection to take over once, the primary connection fully fails - for data this should help for MBT, but not for execution as you would need to be connected to MBT as primary connection still for this to be possible.

Comment

Bertrand,

Thank you for your consistent support.

This morning at 6:00 AM EST both of my test computers lost connection to MBT as expected. At 6:01 AM, both computers attempted to reconnect. One computer reconnected without issue and continued to receive data from MBT. The other computer froze with "Loading Account List." This issue occurs on both computers but inconsistently (sometimes it works, other times it does not).

I emailed MBTrading's .log files to them from both computers to see if they can diagnose the problem.

I'll keep you and everyone else updated.

Thanks
                          mrlogik

Comment

You're welcome mrlogik - please let us know what they reply with (the time you lost connection is correct and expected as you noted).

Comment

Hey Bertrand,

I read over your post #12.

The two minute reconnection I am referring to is from Kyle and Jason in posts 6/8 of the link i posted. They state that NT will try reconnect for 2 minutes.

I understand what you're staying about losing the "perms" server. It should automatically reconnect. I still continue to have this error even when I only lose the perms server at 6:00 AM EST. Furthermore, at 6:15 AM I lost both the order and perms server. A minute later both reconnected without issue. This is why I feel like something else is going on here.

Question.
                              MBTrading API has a function to Login into an account, or to Reconnect to an account. Does NT call either of these functions to either connect or reconnect after a connection is established with NT? For example, if any connection is lost, what does NT do?

Thanks
                              Last edited by mrlogik; 01-05-2010, 02:47 PM.
                              mrlogik

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by llanqui, Yesterday, 09:59 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post llanqui
                              by llanqui

Started by quicksandatl, Today, 01:39 PM