Collapse

Problem Reconnect Mbtrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mrLogik, as previously stated - this is not controlled by NT > all is handled internally by the MBT API.

Strange though - are you sure you fully lost connection to both servers at 6:15?

I'm not aware of changes in this regard for the MBT API, the normal case is - a manual reconnect is needed then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Yes, the connection was fully lost.

Additionally, MBTrading refutes there is any limitation with their SDK requiring their software objects to be recreated in the event of a full disconnection. This, of course, would be a terrible design.

I received an email from Phil at MBTradings SDK development and he states the following;
      I know of no such limitation with the Navigator SDK (neither do the developers). Just so you know, I often run my retail Navigator and SDK projects 24/7. They always reconnect through disconnects (network failures and reboots), no matter how many of the components (quotes, perms, orders) get disconnected, and also through the daily forex rollover; from 4:58pm to 5:06pm.

The 6am is a physical reboot of servers. The 4:58pm - 5:06pm forex rollover is a "suspension" of live orders and order entry (not a reboot), during which financial matters are resolved.
      If you want we can take this offline and all communicate (me, you, MBTrading) in an email chain.

Please let me know.

Thanks
      Anthony
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

This is a real simple issue and I'm not sure how to make it any clearer: MBT API manages the connection. There is NOTHING NT would do as the connection goes down. MBT API itself would recover the connection. Not sure why you consider this is a limitation.

Please contact MBT support in case you are not happy with their API design.

Comment

Dierk,

I never stated anything about a limitation at NT. However, I did state that I was told by Ninja that the MBTrading API is limited in that it requires the NAV object to be reset in the event of a disconnection. I have been responding to what I've read throughout the forum by your coworkers; not intending that you are limited by any means. I'm am working with you and MBTradiing so ALL NinjaTrader customers, including myself can benefit from this effort. I am not the only NT user with MBTrading that has this reconnection problem.

If there is NOTHING NT would do as the connection goes down that's great. This is NOT an NT limitation.

Bertrand wrote
          mrLogik, the MBT navigator would be able to reconnect, but unfortunately the API limitation is that you have to restart NT and reconnect to MBT manually if you loose the full connection (price and order server) - when you only loose the 'perms' / order connection a NT restart and reconnect should not be needed as it would be picked up.
          What API limitation is he referring to? If its a limitation of the MBTrading API, I have been speaking with them and they are stating that no limitation exists.
          mrlogik

Comment

After manual (!) disconnect you can't connect again but needed to restart NT. This is irrelevant for the issue where the MBT API just could not auto-reconnect after connection loss.

Comment

Now I understand, although that is not what Bertrand stated about losing the full connection (price and order server).

mrLogik, the MBT navigator would be able to reconnect, but unfortunately the API limitation is that you have to restart NT and reconnect to MBT manually if you loose the full connection (price and order server) - when you only loose the 'perms' / order connection a NT restart and reconnect should not be needed as it would be picked up.
              I will continue to work with MBTrading about the issue and post any findings.

Thanks
              mrlogik

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM