Phantom indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phantom indicator

I wanted to see what "Bollinger_Band_Spread_sg" did so I selected it and applied it to my chart. Nothing appeared so I thought I'd look at the code.

I couldn't find it in the Tools - Edit NinjaScript - Indicator list.
    I checked every BB indicator and the indicator names were all same as the file name.

Questions:

How can it appear in the list of chart indicators when it isn't in the NT 6.5 bin - Custom - Indicator folder?

How can I remove it from the list?

Saroj
    Attached Files

saroj, it either could be a compiled assembly not offering source code access or it displays another custom name in the indicator list, which would be set in the code. To remove assemblies, you can go to File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly. If this does not help, you would need sto step through the scripts to see which one uses this display name.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      saroj, it either could be a compiled assembly not offering source code access or it displays another custom name in the indicator list, which would be set in the code. To remove assemblies, you can go to File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly. If this does not help, you would need sto step through the scripts to see which one uses this display name.
      Bertrand, I did that already... "I checked every BB indicator and the indicator names were all same as the file name."

This is code that I saved (why it has "_sg" at the end) when I started creating another BB indicator. Before I change someone else's code I always do "save as" with my initials so that I can still return to the original code. I don't really know what you mean by "compiled assembly" but it wouldn't fit in with "not offering source code access" because it does... that's how I was able to open the code and do "save as".

In any case I did "File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly" and nothing shows up in the selection box.

So, again, how do I get rid of it. Obviously it is a NT bug that put it there. Don't know how you all are going to track it down, since the path is now overgrown so to speak.

Comment

saroj, is it still present on the 'Indicators' list if you compile all files and then restart NT fresh?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes