• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

middle click

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

Thing of beauty Ray.........TR right on theDOM got it......1207.50 add 1209.50 damn BE on 1/2 position but comforting to see those tight trailings/ BE targetswork

One more thing........If "add target" (in thiscase my totalhaving moved toBE)and split position from right click menu in DOM.......How do I move the farthest newly created 1/2 target while still working both... the original now being1/2 position. The add target I know is hard coded for 1 point (4 ticks) from original total position target order.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

Click on the TR label in green while in an active strategy to disable. Average entry as displayed by the brown box in the DOM after your inital stop and targets have been submitted.

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

I think I see... you meant right click DOM and select "close all position strategies"? If so then whats the fastest way to recreate my strategy that I've selected in the DOM?

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

Also I'm doing this by hand thru the DOM so how would is turn off/on......right click DOM AND click/unclick AT because in my case it AT would be off then I'd click it on then off??

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

By "original average entry" ..........so if I buy/sell 1 contract then one more 2 points away from the first;will that total positionconstitutes original average entry priceor did youNOT mean to say original AVERAGE entry. Just meaning price of first entry( as opposed to turning it off/on on a 3rd scale in add to position because to me original average entry means at least 2 trades different price)?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

No, original average entry. If you disable AT then enable it it will then it will use the new average entry price.

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

one more thing......does the trailing profit trigger work off of AVERAGE entry price if I've scaled into position???

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

correct

Leave a comment:

• trymph
    replied
    imported post

What if I want to move my initial stop/loss from 3.25 of entry to .75 of entry once I have 1 point profit? I'd have to make my auto trailstep1 profit trigger1 with stop loss 1.75?? Then use my breakeven target to say 1.50 which would leave my step 2 trailprofit targetopen for the next step??

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

yes

Leave a comment:

• Baseheadz
    replied
    imported post

Great, I've set that up and it seems to work.

What should I do if I need to modify the limit order to exit?

Should I modify the target on the SuperDom as needed?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

Yes. Just create this in the strategy manager, give it a name, then select this strategy from the Position Strategy list in the entry window of your choice (SuperDOM or Basic) and then all information will be automatically updated.

Leave a comment:

• Baseheadz
    replied
    imported post

As long as I have these settings every time I enter an order, I will have the same OCA Bracket+trail order?

If not, will I need to make an automated strategy to set this up? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    imported post

Absolutely. Here are several images to set this up.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post reynoldsn  
Started by nightstalker, Today, 02:05 PM
0 responses
0 likes