Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No historic data since friday!!!!!

Hi,

When I opened charts monday morning, it just starts at the time I open, no historic data since Friday evening.

I think NT had that problem a few month ago - Why does it re-appear - I thourght it was fixed then.

Michael Larsen

Michael, unfortunately we have a data server issue being investigated at this time, I'll update you when I have more info on this.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for your reply,

There was the same problem on 10. Sep., so it seems to be accuring quite often.

Was the problem not corrected at that time?

Untill the we get the data NT remains useless as a trading tool for all traders who trade less tha a day, which I think is what NT is designed for.

Further the problem always seens to accure on Mondays.

Is some one making modifications over the weekend with out validating them?

Do remenber that a lot of Asian and Europena traders are using NT, so you should chec this when the trding opens on Sunday evening - afternoon depending where you are.

Best regards

Michael

Comment

Michael, the issues are resolved by now - unfortunately we have no means to backfill the charts for the missing data, we're sorry for any inconvenience.

The issue were related to the data server not recording the data for the futures markets we track, after being alerted to it, it was being worked on by development and ZenFire as high priority issue to resolve as soon as possible.

To provide a needed backup to your trading operation we would recommend using a third party datafeed provider like BarChart, eSignal or DTNIQ.

Comment

Hi Barnard,

Thanks for your reply.

To make sure I understand you recommendation correct, you are saying that it is possiabel to have a back-up data provider?

I am currently using Mirus/Zen-fire but could I have a nother one in case of Zen-Fire "break down" and can NT handle this automacticly?

Thanks in advance

Michael Larsen

Comment

Michael, the issue was about historical data access - the data will be taken from the primary connection, so if you for example connect to eSignal, backfill the charts and then reconnect to ZenFire the NinjaTrader database would contain all needed data to chart this as expected.

Comment

frustration

here we are a year later and the new version is not available. instead those of us who do not have a beta copy are left with what appears to be an unsupported previous version.

over the last couple of weeks my charts have not loaded with all the data. some will and some wont so its not a data feed problem.

this morning i couldnt get any data to load for over 5 minutes, and lost out on the morning run.

this is costing money, when will you either stop your all hands focus on the new version and support us or issue the new version.

i suspect the new version is having problems that we are not aware of.

Comment

im also getting tired of all the crashes with this program. It happens at least once a week. There's also no point staying with ninja if i have to get a seperate data feed.

Comment

Originally posted by trader1512 View Post
                  here we are a year later and the new version is not available. instead those of us who do not have a beta copy are left with what appears to be an unsupported previous version.

over the last couple of weeks my charts have not loaded with all the data. some will and some wont so its not a data feed problem.

this morning i couldnt get any data to load for over 5 minutes, and lost out on the morning run.

this is costing money, when will you either stop your all hands focus on the new version and support us or issue the new version.

i suspect the new version is having problems that we are not aware of.
                  NinjaTrader 6.5 is a supported version and we have been releasing maintenance updates about once per month. I can't say that your issue has anything to do with the original issue posted in this thread. We would be happy to look at your workspaces to see if there are any improvement suggestions we could make. If you are interested in this, please send an email to our support address and we will take it from there.
                  RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by playafh69 View Post
                    im also getting tired of all the crashes with this program. It happens at least once a week. There's also no point staying with ninja if i have to get a seperate data feed.
                    We also don't like to hear that our program crashes and will do everything possible to resolve issues. Have you by chance reported each weekly crash to our support team? They will work between you and our development team to determine the cause and find a resolution.

Comment

I did... but to be honest, we couldn't find what it was. I know its not my system because it has more than enough memory (4GB), and its a dual quad system. It just happens. Thats why I decided to cancel my membership. I do like what the software has to offer and I'm not trying to bash on you guys, i just don't think it can handle the zenfire feed. The DOM has little mini freezes when the market really wants to move. This causes the whole program to crash. The suggestion I got was to have it update every 250ms instead of real time, but I don't want to do that because I use the DOM to get a feel of market direction. It looks like ninja 7 is going to fix this issues since the current version is a huge memory hog, but its just very frustrating to deal with. Also, I really don't like that I lose all my data because of these crashes(indicators only work with real time data). When I'm trading, I don't want to have to deal with this. Hopefully, the next version will fix this. Just hope it comes out sooner than later.

Comment

maintenance releases

are these maintenance releases done in the background because i am not aware of any.

Comment

Originally posted by playafh69 View Post
                          I did... but to be honest, we couldn't find what it was. I know its not my system because it has more than enough memory (4GB), and its a dual quad system. It just happens. Thats why I decided to cancel my membership. I do like what the software has to offer and I'm not trying to bash on you guys, i just don't think it can handle the zenfire feed. The DOM has little mini freezes when the market really wants to move. This causes the whole program to crash. The suggestion I got was to have it update every 250ms instead of real time, but I don't want to do that because I use the DOM to get a feel of market direction. It looks like ninja 7 is going to fix this issues since the current version is a huge memory hog, but its just very frustrating to deal with. Also, I really don't like that I lose all my data because of these crashes(indicators only work with real time data). When I'm trading, I don't want to have to deal with this. Hopefully, the next version will fix this. Just hope it comes out sooner than later.
                          Thanks for the response. I would try 6.5 next week as there will be some changes coming regarding how real-time data is processed on the broker server side that will make it more efficient for NT to process in high volume times. The mini freezes you experience likely will go away.

Comment

No, when you start NT, there is a pop up message that informs you of a new update when we release one. We are currently on 6.5.100.14 that you can download from our website.

Comment

no pop-ups have been coming up for me. i am on version 6.5.1000.9 live. the latest version is 6.5.100.14? should i download that?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin