Collapse

Strategy execution showing in log and executions tab but not in strategy tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy execution showing in log and executions tab but not in strategy tab

If you see from the 3 uploaded files the stratgies tab shows that the strategy has an open position but the tick and the execution widow show that the strategy was executed. Mys questions are the following:

1. How from the execution can i come to know against which strategy is the order executed.

2. If the strategy is open why is it showing execution in tick and execution tab

3. If you see the execution tab it shows an open position of 6S, whereas in raeality iam only 1s on exchange as also on the strategy tab.

4. I find that while i have given exit on close as 12 am the strategy does not square up at 12 am.

please advice
    Attached Files

Hello kassaindia,

1. You can check the Name column of the Executions-tab.

2. I am not sure if I follow, could you please clarify?

3. The executions-tab will only display executions for the current day. Could it be it does not include all executions, which would result in a position of 1 short?

4. Note that there can be a difference between a strategy position and an account position. Please see the link below for more information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1. wILL TRY TO FIND IT OUT THIS WAY

2. bY THI Si MEAN THAT THE STRATEGY TAB IS SHOWING A POSITION OF 1 SHORT, IN EXECUTION TAB IT SHOWS EXIT OF I SHORT AND SO DOES IN THE GRAPH BUT NO SUCH ORDER CAM IN THE STRATEGY TAB. THUS IT MENAS ORDERS WERE REFLECTED IN THE EXECUTION TAB AND TICK CHART WITH NO ORDER BEING GENERATED IN STRATEGY, WHY SO.

3. EXECUTION TAB SHOWS SHORT 5 POSITION WHEREAS THERE WAS NO CARRY POSITION EITHER IN STRATEGY OR THE EXCHNAGE.

TO AVOID THE MISMATCH F STRATEGY AND EXCHNAGE POSITION I RUN STRATEGIES ON SIM MODE AND I DO EXECUTION MANUALLY.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello kassaindia,

1. You can check the Name column of the Executions-tab.

2. I am not sure if I follow, could you please clarify?

3. The executions-tab will only display executions for the current day. Could it be it does not include all executions, which would result in a position of 1 short?

4. Note that there can be a difference between a strategy position and an account position. Please see the link below for more information.
      http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ount+brokerage
      1. How from the execution can i come to know against which strategy is the order executed.

2. If the strategy is open why is it showing execution in tick and execution tab

3. If you see the execution tab it shows an open position of 6S, whereas in raeality iam only 1s on exchange as also on the strategy tab.

4. I find that while i have given exit on close as 12 am the strategy does not square up at 12 am.

Comment

What does the Position-tab indicate?

I did not see any manual executions listed in the screenshots. Are you sure the difference is not caused by the difference in account position and strategy position?

Comment

Position Tab also indicates diffrent for the SIM 101 account and the live account.

I cross checked the account and strategy position. To cover thi sdiff in account and strategy position I run the strategy in SIM 101 mode and execute mannually on the live mode; this keeps both my positions matched.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          What does the Position-tab indicate?

I did not see any manual executions listed in the screenshots. Are you sure the difference is not caused by the difference in account position and strategy position?

Comment

Difference in sim101 and live account? Sorry, I do not follow it anymore.

I only see sim101 orders in the screenshots.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post hazylizard  
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes