cannot update indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot update indicator

When I try to edit and update the session pivots indicator that I posted, I permanently get the message "Category does not exist - go back", even if I do not make any changes, so I cannot access it in any way. Some bug in the forum software..... Could you please help.

Harry,

I am not sure what you mean exactly. I pressed the Edit button on your entry and it brought me to the edit page for that indicator.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

right and when I made some changes or no changes and want to submit I get the error message, so I cannot make any change....

Comment

Harry,

Odd. I successfully changed your title and added a comma edit. Maybe try clearing your internet browser cache, log out, close the browser, and try afresh?

Comment

Cleared the browser cache and tried with different browsers (firefox and internet explorer) Always is the same problem, see screenshot .. I even get this screenshot, if I do not make any changes.

I remember now that two days ago I tried to add a keyword to another indicator, which was not accepted.

Just checked: I cannot modify any of my indicators, I always get this same stupid message.
          Attached Files

Comment

Harry,

Can you try submitting a new entry? We can try removing the old entry afterwards and see if that helps.

Comment

Will do that tomorrow, but as the problem affects all indicators I have posted, my account is probably corrupted, do not know why.

Comment

Forum software bug

Submitted a new entry, same problem, cannot edit and save anything. Always get the error message, whatever I do. So my account does not work properly, likely a bug of the forum software.

Comment

Please fix my account

Just checked, the software allowed me to delete the indicator. But definitely I do not want to delete all indicators and repost them, if I want to make an update. Could you please check, what is wrong with the forum software?

Comment

Sorry we are no vBulletin experts and would not know how to address this issue. For now you need to delete your old posts.

We'll look into that issue again as we got the priority issues our of our way.

Comment

I have now opened a new user account, and still, if I try to edit an indicator that I have posted, and submit the changes, there is just this stupid MESSAGE: Category does not exist GO BACK.

This happens with 2 PC, three different browsers (IE, Firefox and Opera) and for both my user accounts for the forum.

In the past I have made frequent changes of the indicators, and I am really lost now.

When I edit the indicators, there is a field Parent Categories/ Indicators. This field is blocked.

Comment

For now you would need to delete and re-add the indicator. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Trouble with indicator installation

I am trying to install an indicator, but am getting an error message "The existing Ninja Support file "jtEconNJews2" contains duplicate method names found in the compiled Ninja Script archive file. When I tried to find instructions for deleteing a custom indicator, the answers referenced Tools> Edit Ninja Script>Delete. There is no Edit Ninja script under my tools menu, and I can't find it anywhere else...suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

Editing your uploaded NS files now should work as expected.

Comment

adding an indicator

Ive forgotten how to add an indicator onto the NT indicator menu??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aa731
                              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes