Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I get commissions to show in the Account Perf report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get commissions to show in the Account Perf report?

I've entered it into the instrument under zenfire.
    I've entered it into the Tools - Options - Commission - Futures- Zen-Fire "Minimum commission" (don't know how to set up "Commission levels")
    It still doesn't show up in the Trades tab / Commision column

BTW... why are there two places to enter commissions?

Thanks,
    Saroj

Hello saroj,

Thank you for your post.

The reason that there are two places two enter commissions is that one is global for instruments. That is in the Tools-->Options-->Commissions section of NinjaTrader.

The other section is for instrument specific commissions in the Instrument Manager. If you place instrument specific commissions those will be used, and then for remaining instruments not defined in the Instrument Manager the globally defined instruments will be used.

To apply the commissions please go to Tools-->Options-->General and then check the Apply Commissions to PnL Calculations.

Also, if these trades are placed into a live account those values may not show due to that information being provided by the broker. Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Also, if these trades are placed into a live account those values may not show due to that information being provided by the broker. Please see the following link for more information.

Ryan, thanks for your reply... unfortunately I don't really understand what you are saying. This is the Account Performance Report for a live account... so are you saying that since it IS a live account, NT ignores my settings? are you saying that if the commissions are not provided by the broker through its API that the report will NEVER show the commissions even though I entered them?

Thanks,
      Saroj
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Saroj,

No, it will use the commissions you setup in NinjaTrader. Note that commission will only apply on orders you submit after you setup commissions. Orders you sent before setting up commissions, will not calculate a commission.

The information Ryan refers to does not include commission. This is information under the Accounts-tab only, which is provided by the broker technology.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes