Saved workspaces not coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saved workspaces not coming up

I saved 2 workspaces on the weekend using this Ninja Demo version 6.5 and now when I try to activate them nothing happens. Is this normal for a Demo version or a bug?

I go to Control Center, file, Workspaces, highlight one of them and click OK and nothing happens.

I found them on my hard drive and code is in them so they do exist.
    Could it be they are saved to one folder and it is trying to read them from another and not finding them. If so how do I tell?

I can copy the XML file to here or email it to support if that helps answer any questions.

I am running Windows XP pro SP3 with 2 meg of memory and only have Internet Explorer open and NinjaTrader when I run this so it should not be a memory problem.

TIA
    techanal

Hello techanal,

If the workspace opens (its name is reflected in the upper left corner of the Control Center), but no charts will appear, could the following have happened?

Upon closing down the software, you closed all windows part of the workspace. Subsequently when prompted to save your workspace, you clicked Yes or Yes to all. This caused your workspace to save without any of the windows, since they are closed.

Can you please perform the following steps.

Start NinjaTrader and create a new chart via File-->New-->Chart.
    Go to File-->Workspaces-->Save Workspace.

Do not close the chart and exit the software. Select 'Yes to all' when prompted to save your workspaces.

Start NinjaTrader and check if NinjaTrader opens with the saved chart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Workspaces not coming up

Thanks Jason, that must have been the problem. I have since recreated my charts under different names and they all open up.
      I deleted the old ones but that proved a chore as I had to open them even though I couldn't see them, then close them, then go to the Open Workspaces so I could delete them. That drove me crazy.
      Thanks again, now on to the next problem.
      techanal

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes