Windows 7 Installation Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 Installation Problems

I just loaded Windows 7 Home Premium Addition last night. I did a clean install where I reformatted the hard drive and started from scratch.

When I try to intall NinjaTrader 6.5 75% into the installation this is the error message that I get:

"An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy. 8.0 Microsoft. VC80.CRT ,type="win32-policy", version="8.0.50727.42",publickKeyTo
    ken=1fcb8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86" . Please refer to Help and Support for more information."

It immediatlely reverts back to the beginning and shuts down the installation.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem? Now i'm stuck and can't get my platform up and running!

Many thanks in advance!!

Hello,

I do not know what this is. First, did you do this:
    Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
    4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 6.5" located under Start --> My Documents.
    5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
    6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    7. Reboot your machine.
    8. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
      Download
    Also, this link may be helpful:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22464
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I also just installed Win7. I cannot install the Net 2 framework because it says it is incompatible with 64 bit OS. Is this an accurate msg? What do I have to do to get 6.5 running on W7 in 64 bit environment?

Also, I use Zenfire data. Is that an issue with either Win7 or 64 bit?
      Last edited by cclsys; 11-29-2009, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I am running NT 6.5 on W7 pro-64 with no problems in installing and using. W7 pro-64 has .NET 3.51 integrated as a feature and it works without changing anything. You don't have to install another NET-version.
        Don't know about other W7 versions.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by terratec View Post
          I am running NT 6.5 on W7 pro-64 with no problems in installing and using. W7 pro-64 has .NET 3.51 integrated as a feature and it works without changing anything. You don't have to install another NET-version.
          Don't know about other W7 versions.
          Terratec: THANKS very much for your reply. Thus far all I have been told officially is that 'we don't support 64 bit OS', which hadn't gotten me very far.

Next time I try to install W7 or XP64 I will check the Framework version. At least now I know one that works. Sorry did not reply earlier, was lost in installation fog! Am not just having problems with Ninja but other software used for trading such as CSI and TS2000i, so this has proven to be a far more confusing undertaking than I had anticipated.

I checked my HD and find I have 3.0 installed. I do have a copy of 3.5 exe file and will try installing that. Maybe that will help.
          Last edited by cclsys; 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes