Zenfire, ES/YM and GLOBEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenfire, ES/YM and GLOBEX

I have been using NT 6.5 with IQFeed without any problems. Recently , I got a zen-fire account and using the zenfire feed I've been viewing the TF without any problems.

However, when I tried viewing ES or YM, it never gave me the proper data, either it would give me an error saying that the instrument doesn't exist or the charts would be blank. I know this wasn't a datafeed problem because using zenfire's example programs for the library, I was able to get data for ES and YM.

I played around with the definitions of the ES/YM in the instrument manager, and discovered that when I changed the exchange to Globex, it was able to successfully get the data. This confuses me, because shouldn't the ES be traded on CME? As well, YM needed to be changed to Globex instead of Ecbot which I would have expected.

Is it correct for the exchange to be Globex for ES and YM?

As well, I'm worried that I may have messed up the definitions of my instruments in the instrument manager by playing around with it. Is there a master instrument list I can download somewhere that will correctly fill in all the data for the various instruments?

Thanks in advance!

Correct, please use Globex for both ES and YM on ZenFire.

To reset instrument definitions and mappings to default / shipped state, please go to Tools > Options > Misc and Reset your Instruments, then restart NinjaTrader.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM