Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing my historical data

Hello,

I currently have historical 1 min FDAX data dating back to 06-08 contract. I have not merged any contract periods. If i sign on esignal data only service to be my primary data feed into my Mirus/Zen setup, how do i download esignal historical data? (will it be from Tools>Historical Data>Import/Export ?)

What do i do with it then? Will the contract periods be available in the Instrument Manager?... even tho NT does not have any dates for FDAX before 11-08 at the moment.

Do you suggest i merge all contracts to the current date?

Will this process copy over the historical data i already have in my system, or will there now be two sets of FDAX contract periods i can select? (because i am sure that the data will look different)

Will this esignal historical intraday FDAX data already have timestamped?

And if i decided later on in time to cancelled my esignal subscription, will that historical data be saved onto my computer for further backtesting use???

Cheers,

Steven

Steven, eSignal data is natively timestamped and data downloaded would be stored in NinjaTrader's database for the instruments you've charted. When working with eSignal and ZenFire, please connect to eSignal first for the data and then second to ZenFire for the execution, data will always be taken from the primary connection -

If you connect to eSignal and reload historical data it would overwrite the already stored data for the FDAX master symbol - to prepare for this you could merge current data into one contract and export it as backup via the Tools > Historical Data > Export routine.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by George21, Today, 10:07 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes