Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realtime data stops updating

Hello,

I am seeing an issue where realtime data stops updating in the "Orders" tab of the control center. I currently have three futures contracts in my default list: ZN 12-09, ZF 12-09, and ZT 12-09. For these instruments, I see realtime updates to the "Bid", "Ask" and "Last" fields on the Orders tab. However, the ten-year futures contract (ZN 12-09) stops updating if I choose one of the other ones and then switch back to the ten-year contract.

For example, if I currently have the ZN 12-09 contract selected in the Orders Tab dropdown instument list everything updates fine at first. If I then select the ZF 12-09, the data updates fine for that one as well. However, if I switch back to the ZN 12-09, the data no longer updates for the ZN 12-09. I then have to restart Ninjatrader before I can get the ZN 12-09 instrument to update with realtime data again. If I then switch off of ZN 12-09, and then back to ZN 12-09 the data stops again. I'm connecting to MF Global throught the Patsystems adapter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    rglaze

Hello rglaze,

Thank you for your post.

Please remove, repair and recreate your connection with the steps I have provided below.
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
    I have provided a link below to our Connection Guide to assist with creating your connection

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Christopher,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've gone through the steps that you've outlined. Unfortunately, I am still seeing the issue. The ZN 12-09 instrument seems to update fine in the Order bar with realtime prices unless I switch to a diferrent instrument and then back to the ZN 12-09. Once the ZN 12-09 is selected for the second time, it no longer updates.

Thanks,

rglaze

Comment

Hello rglaze,

Please open a chart for the ZN and let me know if after switching back to ZN 12-09 in the Orders tab does the information update when the chart updates with new price action?

Comment

Christopher,

I'm not seeing this issue today. Perhaps there was an issue on MF Global or Patsystem's end. Or, perhaps there is an issue around the contract roll from December to March. I'll let you know if I see this issue again.

Thanks again,
          rglaze
          Last edited by rglaze; 11-27-2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Christopher,

I have seen this issue occur a number of times over the past few months since I last posted on the issue. I'm also seeing it occur again today. I've gone through the steps you've outlined to repair the connection and the DB. Today I am seeing quotes stop again in the Orders tab for the ten year future. I have the ZN, ZT, ZF and 6E september futures contracts in my default instrument type list. The quotes update fine for the ZN contract upon initial startup. However, if I switch to a different instrument and then switch back, the quotes stop for ZN and I have to restart Ninjatrader to get them to work again. I tried your recommendation of opening a chart for ZN, and then switching to ZN in the Orders tab. However, this doesn't help - the chart doesn't update either for ZN once the quotes have stopped. I also have opened a dynamc SuperDOM window for the ZN contract and it doesn't update either. Any ideas as to what might be causing the quotes to stop for ZN? It's strange that it only happens for this instrument. All the other instruments update fine in the orders tab and on charts.

Thanks in advance,
            rglaze

Comment

We have not had any issues reported for this type of an issue. Please forward your log and trace file for the last date this occurred to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
              1.) A link to this forum thread.
              2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 6.5->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by synthhokie, Today, 12:00 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post synthhokie  
              Started by moneyexe, Today, 11:22 AM
              1 response
              0 likes